Here we are, more babies

lilfishie

Well I now have a designated tank for just the plecos and other babies only for raising. Currently in the tank is DAD! and approx 50 baby BN plecos and 3 baby bosemani rainbows and 2 baby guppies.
It a 40 gal long. Not bad for a free tank.

DSC05798.jpg

DSC05801.jpg

DSC05810.jpg

DSC05813.jpg

crazyfish253

the rock in the last pic looks like texas holy rock. is it? if so it has the right minerals to change your water peramiters. FYI

lilfishie

crazyfish253 said:
the rock in the last pic looks like texas holy rock. is it? if so it has the right minerals to change your water peramiters. FYI
That is what it is. Haven't had any issues with this it or my water params. Had this rock in my tanks for over a year now. Thanks for the warning though.

sandnuka

WOW! 50 bn pleco! your gonna flood the industry with them! lol, luckily they are my fav pleco so i dont mind, :)

I just got a free 40 gal too... mine is not as nearly as good as shape as yours, it was free.... Im gonna use it for the same purpose as you.... well, mine will be minus the substrate and decor... strictly sponge filter, heater, water... nice and simple... easier to clean and water changes to make thoughs guys grow out quickly.

lilfishie

I am setting up a bunch of small tanks in the other room for hatching eggs and raising killi fish and bosemani rainbow fry. Once they are so big they will go into this 40 and then put up for sale when they are big enough. I am holding off on breeding the plecos any more. I also have an albino longfin BN and am waiting for one of my babies to get old enough to sex it and see if I can pair her up with one of my males. We will see what happens with that in the next 3-4 months. I think I am going to sell my mated pair. They are a proven pair, no doubt about that! I will have to post new pics of the parents. The male has gotten really pretty. IMO anyway!

lilfishie

Well the plecos are for sale. see the for sale threads.

And the 40 is no longer the grow out tank. See my new thread on my new loaches