Hello from Seattle

unikorn

Hello,

I am a "newish" resident to Seattle. I moved here this past June. I originally lived in FL, and I couldn't wait to leave. :)
I have two tanks. Both are rimless mr. aqua. One is 11.4 gallons and the other is the smallest rectangular tank. I currently have Red Cherry Shrimp in the 11.4g. I have two fish in the smaller tank, a male red cherry barb and a gold neon tetra. I had other fish but besides these two, only one other one made it and it was a male honey gourami. He died :/ The rest of my fish and Bonsai trees were destroyed while being shipped via USPS.

KaraWolf

welcome to fishbox and Seattle!!!! :) sorry to hear about shipping! :( :( hope you have better luck now that your settled in :)

A

Anonymous

Lamental Jester said:
Been living in Seattle for over 4 years, love it!
What's to love about seattle?  I've lived here since I was 7yr old. Now 35. Wish I had left but my whole family all here and now made my own. Thats why I moved to maple valley.  Its like moving away from Seattle and still be near my extended family.  Win win. But seattle is ok. Nothing to love about. Sorry just my opinion, LJ.

pbmax

Welcome! It's always good to have another shrimp keeper on here (despite what Madness may say ;) ).

That sucks that USPS killed your fish :( I've lost my share of fish in transit as well. I hope you can re-fill your tanks relatively quickly. Being up in Seattle you're pretty close to a couple of the best LFSs around - Aquarium co-op and A Place for Pets.

dwarfpike

:welcome!: 

Seattle area is great ... seattle's one way streets are pure evil straight from the devil!!!!

MRTom

Welcome to Seattle, with it's one way streets, crazies, complainers, hawks fans and all other crazy stuff we got :) You'll love it, and if not, well you don't have to go far to find something else that will work for ya while staying in the community! Where in Seattle are you? There should be plenty of LFS for you to go visit in the area so it doesn't matter where, but it should help start planning your intro!

And a fish AND bonsai lover! We need more people like you!

Finally, pics of your tanks and shrimps, or they didn't happen!!! :cyclops:

unikorn

MrTom, you are so funny! I'm around south lake union.

I used to have a 20 gallon.

792174_10151727186009126_208896810_o.jpg

11.4 rimless

1391849_10152366332309126_8543961_n.jpg

little rimless

823_10152366333839126_1004244092_n.jpg

A

Anonymous

Look at that big O leaf in the 1st picture! What plant is that?