Has COVID 19 impacted you?

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
Haha. I just went to the supermarket here this morning lots of people panic buying and the toilet rolls were twice the normal price but there were a lot available so I think that they struck the right balance there

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Was watching news on the Roku, King 5 ‘Latest videos’... Gov. Inslee issues a two-week stay-home order, shutting down non essential work places and banning gatherings for two weeks.

Its now mandatory....

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
Yep we got the 4 week mandatory starting at midnight tomorrow but I think it's going to be a disaster to be honest I can't imagine ever like going to follow it properly

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yep we got the 4 week mandatory starting at midnight tomorrow but I think it's going to be a disaster to be honest I can't imagine ever like going to follow it properly
The hope is that people listen and stay home and away from others. Sadly the news was talking about people treating the quarantine like a vacation. The kids are out of school and going stir crazy, so what do you do? While okay to go outdoors, large groups were taking their families to tourists places like the small beach-towns. Many in these beach communities were concerned for their safety. The news also showed some out “hiking” which is fine but there were so many people in the area that it was not even 6 feet from others like recommended.

sir_keith

Legendary Member

It wasn't a disaster in China; that's how that got through this. It's people who don't follow the guidelines that are putting us all at risk, not least themselves.

FishBeast

It's natural selection. The spring breakers who went to Miami are the pinnacle of human evolution. Some kids in Kentucky got together for a "coronavirus party", some have tested positive!

sir_keith

Legendary Member
It's natural selection. The spring breakers who went to Miami are the pinnacle of human evolution. Some kids in Kentucky got together for a "coronavirus party", some have tested positive!
The party will be over once they start experiencing severe respiratory distress...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Not back to work at the office yet but went in yesterday to do payroll. It was after hours so no contact with anyone and the person before me disinfected the surfaces and then I did the same on my way out. For me the office did the work from home the Friday before the Governors announcement so I am not sure if I should resume work Friday or wait till Monday when the order expires. Who knows what will happen next...

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Not back to work at the office yet but went in yesterday to do payroll. It was after hours so no contact with anyone and the person before me disinfected the surfaces and then I did the same on my way out. For me the office did the work from home the Friday before the Governors announcement so I am not sure if I should resume work Friday or wait till Monday when the order expires. Who knows what will happen next...
Doesn't matter when you decided to stay home; the current order went into effect two Mondays ago, and it is scheduled to end next Monday. But don't count on it; smart money has it that the order will be extended through late April, at least.