Has COVID 19 impacted you?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Yeah I think they will extend the order. I work for a business that is considered essential so I could work but my boss made the choice before the order went out to protect those who would be most susceptible. I fall into the category because of being diabetic and asthmatic. Two others are home due to age bracket. My job is office related so I am able to do most of my work from home at the moment. Im at a stage where I do have some office work I will need to go in for though.

MorganEA

All you lucky people that get to work at home! I'm reception at a veterinary clinic and we are doing our best to reduce contact with the public but some people just don't think this is real and will literally lean over my desk.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
A rare go into the office day for me. Had to do payroll, payroll taxes, B&O taxes, quarterly taxes... lol, sense a theme there? Lots of stuff that I could not remotely do from home catching up to me.

It was kind of strange working in the office by myself. No boss or co-workers, just me. Lots to keep me busy but sure was quiet.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else dealing with shipping delays? I needed fish food and Amazon was pulling the prioritization of things so my food would have been a month out or pay too much on their market with other vendors. Decided to do Walmart since they didn't have any stipulation on the order and was cheaper than Amazon... well now they are pulling the same crap and delaying the order after the fact. At least Amazon was upfront about it.

Anybody else getting the fish are non-essential feel? lol

I have plenty of food for another couple months but I dont like to let the reserve get so low.

Normally I keep night crawlers on hand in the fridge for the puffers but havent went out to purchase any and ran out. The puffers are getting frozen squid and krill until I get to the store.

Still working from home for the most part too.

How is everyone else doing during this time?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I just ordered about 6 pounds of the largest and second largest pellets from Kens... it took a little longer than a week to get here, but shipping wasn’t any different except it took longer

sir_keith

Legendary Member

I stocked up on flakes, pellets, Cichlid Lake Salts, and Tanganyika Buffer a month ago, and have a sufficient supply to get through the summer. Anyone who thinks we're going to be back to 'normal' before then is just fooling themselves. It's a new reality; if you're going to need something in a month, order it now.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I looked at ordering blades for my jig saw and the estimated delivery date was middle of May.
I ordered a new sander from Home Depot online because they made it sound like it was coming quickly compared to Amazon but they too have pulled the slow ship on me. Looks like a good two weeks. I had plans to do some wood work on my time working from home... will see how long they will take. I might just have to go to the store and get it and return the online ordered one.

FishBeast

Anyone else dealing with shipping delays? I needed fish food and Amazon was pulling the prioritization of things so my food would have been a month out or pay too much on their market with other vendors. Decided to do Walmart since they didn't have any stipulation on the order and was cheaper than Amazon... well now they are pulling the same crap and delaying the order after the fact. At least Amazon was upfront about it.

Anybody else getting the fish are non-essential feel? lol

I have plenty of food for another couple months but I dont like to let the reserve get so low.

Normally I keep night crawlers on hand in the fridge for the puffers but havent went out to purchase any and ran out. The puffers are getting frozen squid and krill until I get to the store.

Still working from home for the most part too.

The supply chain problem will only get worse over time unfortunately.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I just ordered about 6 pounds of the largest and second largest pellets from Kens... it took a little longer than a week to get here, but shipping wasn’t any different except it took longer
I had forgotten about Kens. Thanks for the reminder. I bought food from them along with some cleaning stuff and parts I needed.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
I had forgotten about Kens. Thanks for the reminder. I bought food from them along with some cleaning stuff and parts I needed.

I like Ken's: their spirulina flakes tend to be larger than other manufacturers'. And even though they're on the East Coast- Taunton, Massachusetts- shipping is pretty fast. Taunton is just a stone's throw from where I grew up, so I'm supporting a 'local' outfit. :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
My Home Depot order came in! New tools to play with and chores to finish. Before COVID this would have been a one week order but this one was about a two and a half week one. At least I got it.

As to my fish food order from Walmart... very confusing since it has sat on their side for almost three weeks now. It showed as shipped/canceled but my card was not refunded yet. Then it shows as shipped today. Will see how that goes. Now with my Kens order and possibly Walmart, I guess I will be stocked up on my NLS for a while.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
With my work from home schedule I get to spend a lot more time with the fishes. Been working on cleaning out my filters and doing preventative maintenance by replacing seals. Have rebuilt one of my FX6 filters and have seals on order for my others. Installed new UV bulb in sterilizer and just more fun time watching and feeding.

So far my friends and family have been safe and no one has been sick. Hope all on the box and their friends and family likewise are doing well.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
With how difficult it been to get a hold of things due to shipping delays, I stocked up on supplies
IMG_20200527_183815425.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Ive been back to work for the past 3 weeks since my assistant office manager had to go back home for a family emergency. Not really a big deal since Im alone in an office, but it difficult doing all the work of two full time people and one part time person! So I get home mentally done and have not been taking on tank maintenance as much. Fish that were getting every two day water changes are at every 4. And only once a week on the 300. This is where the overstocked tanks are killing me, lol. I have algae starting up when normally my tanks are spotless.

How are things going for the rest of you guys?