Guess whats in the box?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Finally a bit of progress on the 65B too!

Took apart the packing crate/pallet and have it ready to move. I picked up a background I like for it and decided to buy a stand instead of building one. I realized that if I did a double stand the 40B would be too low and the 65B would be too high. So I bought a simple black stand for the 65B and will need to reinforce a bit since the weight is over the weight rating on the stand. The stand really is for a 40B maybe a 50B but not for a custom 65B with 1/2" glass. This will be my little puffers larger home.

I was also looking to sell off a canister but think I will just over filter and put an Aquaclear 110 hob and an Eheim 2217 canister on it. I purchase a new light to try. It is the Petsmart Nat. Geo. version of the Elive light with interchangeable 'pods'. (Cant use the Elive pods, the nat. geo. are different) It would allow me to remove a lot of the extra pods to give a less intense light in the tank. Pretty much all LED's seem too bright on the fish. So Im slowly getting that one done.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I'm so sorry for your loss. The blessings and curses of tropical fish are their personalities. I was watching my community tank the other night and there was one zebra that decided a 6" section of the tank was his. He relentlessly chased anyone that entered his space. I was about ready to net and flush however decided to just go to bed. The next day everything in the tank was calm. Go figure. I wish that you could have had the same result but big fish even in a big tank don't seem to want to just move on and let bygones be bygones.
Thanks, I got this one from Lloyd quite a while back and things were pretty good up until it grew a bit. Fish, especially cichlids can be hit and miss getting them to get along. The regani was a bit of a buffer between my snook and heterospilus who go at it like siblings fighting. But the difference there is that those two both stand their ground and there is a lot of gill flare but zero chasing, biting or any serious stuff. Now that the regani is gone there is a bit more sibling rivalry with those two but nothing serious.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I really have not update this in a while. The tank is great and the fish are happy. Here are some picture updates for you guys.

Porkchop

Monty

Snooki

Croc

Hulk

Nessie

The koliba with no name

Nom Nom

The hairy puffer Scruffy finally got it new home. Went from a 40B to a 65B. I want to try a school of white clouds and hope they stay toward the top and the puffer does not go after them.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Where's the teug?

Oh, and you should see my mini "croc" great little bichir for a tank raised strain
While I was doing a scrub down cleaning in the 300g I thought it was the perfect time to catch it since the tank was drained down. The teugelsi is sitting in the 40B waiting for you! Was trying to get all my ducks in a row.

So where are the pics of little Croc?

FishBeast

I really have not update this in a while. The tank is great and the fish are happy. Here are some picture updates for you guys.

Porkchop

Monty

Snooki

Croc

Hulk

Nessie

The koliba with no name

Nom Nom

The hairy puffer Scruffy finally got it new home. Went from a 40B to a 65B. I want to try a school of white clouds and hope they stay toward the top and the puffer does not go after them.

"Porkchop" is the perfect name for that fish!!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Last time I looked they weren't available!
Checked Wet Spot? They have them on their list for $7 for 1.25". Shipping is only about $25. I would reccomend getting 3 to 5 to grow out and then pick the best one as the grow out/keeper. Not sure if you knew but name has changed Cincelichthys pearsei is now being used instead of Herichthys pearsei. This might affect trying to find them, some are now using the newer classification.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
@lloyd378, In the video, the delhezi in the back, is that Darwin that you got from me?

Ever see Darwin's baby picture? This was when I got it with its external gills still.

Last edited:

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Haha,
I dropped in there "frozen krill" and I'm not sure where the decoration came from.... more than likely one of the used tanks I've purchased over the years