GSAS B-I-G Annual General Auction

Seattle_Aquarist

232323232%7Ffp%3B98%3Enu%3D3369%3E787%3E264%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C9%3B%3A3873338nu0mrj

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (your local aquarium club since 1971) is having its B-I-G annual General Auction!!

There will be new and used equipment (plants/fish/substrate/lights/filters/tanks/ stands/etc) mostly freshwater but marine folk can score great deals too - we never know what will show up! Most of the plants and fish available will be locally grown: corys, killies, cichlids, shrimp, koi, common and rare aquatic plants (No plants off the "do not sell" list).

Raffle: GSAS will be raffling a complete 75 gallon set-up, tank, stand, canopy, light, filter, and extras at the auction!

You must be a member to sell; everyone can buy: cash, credit cards, or personal checks for GSAS members

Our auction will be held at the same larger location we used last year. It will be at the West Seattle Christian Church Gymnasium, 4400 42nd Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA. The church is conveniently located at the intersection of SW. Genesee St. and 42nd Ave. SW just 6 blocks from the West Seattle Bridge.

No admission charge, accessible, family friendly (but no furry/feathered pets please), lots of free parking

Saturday April 13th starts at 10:00 until ??; Registration and Check-in starts at 9:00; early check out available

The money raised at this auction helps GSAS bring world class speakers to our community for our free lecture series presented at our regular meetings on the second Tuesday of the month. In the last year we have offered presentations by Ad Konings, Karen Randall, Oliver Lucanus, Lawrence Kent, Chuck Rambo, Tom Barr, Gary Lange, Dick Au, Ted Judy, and Christel Kasselmann just to name a few. Next September GSAS is pleased to sponsor a presentation by international speaker Ian Fuller who will be our lead off speaker for the 2013-14 season!

We are generously sponsored by many of the local fish stores and numerous aquarium supply manufacturers.

See our web page at GSAS.org for more information.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

No regular meeting this Tuesday; our B-I-G General Auction is next Saturday (the 13th). I hope to see you there!

-Roy

A

Anonymous

Hey roy!

I am not part of the gsas quite yet can I still come to the auction and buy?

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

Daniel is absolutely correct; anyone can buy but you must be a member to sell! And we take credit cards, cash, and if you are a GSAS member you can write a check.

Last year the auction lasted 5-1/2 hours and over 700 items were sold. This year we are trying to beat that record....please come help us out!

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi InfamousRedlineZ,

A lot of our members pre-register the items that they are selling online to avoid having to do it the morning of the auction when everything is very hectic. If you are a GSAS member here is the location where you can see what has been preregistered:

http://www.gsas.org/MembersOnly/unbid.php

As to what will be auctioned when, it is totally random. However, if there is a particular item on one of the tables that a buyer would like to have auctioned quickly paying a $1 will have it 'bumped' to the front of the line.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

There will be a raffle at the GSAS General Auction on Saturday:

75 Gallon Setup with wood stand, matching canopy, dual Fluval 406 filters, and light

A

Anonymous

InfamousRedlineZ said:
Honestly I just want the filter and light haha

Ok you can have what you want and I'll take everything else haha LOL

LamentalJester, d'awwwww...*blush* thanks :) Well, I s'pose it's a bit too late for people to request nametags, only one additional person asked me for a nametag, and I just finished it lastnight. I still have a couple more people to chase down because i wasn't able to get them their name tags during the Swap. So yes... keep your eyes peeled! :D