Goodbye bowfront/Chunk's sick

MorganEA

Re: Goodbye bowfront...

lloyd378 said:
Looks like ich to me..... If it's fungus, it's so small that I can't make out the cottony look..... Have you tried ich meds?
That's what I was going to say. What makes you think that it's not Ich?

Sorry not trying to step on toes I know that my statement could sound mean but I'm truly just trying to learn, fish diseases are hard to treat. :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Its not ich. Ich looks more like salt, this is fuzzy looking. Plus Ive treated with Seachem Paraguard and salt which work well with ich which I have used in the past. And this stuff just has not responded to that.

MorganEA

Weird!! I know how frustrating it can be to have some mystery disease affecting your fish.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

lloyd378 said:
Velvet ? Have you tried copper?
Coppersafe is on the way, until then the Tetra Parasite Guard has Acriflavin which is used to treat velvet.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member

They may sell coppersafe at the new store on pac ave.... They have a ton of meds

Madness

Staff member

I sent your pics to a friend I will post what he said when I get home, it is not velvet. Velvet looks very different

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks madness!

Okay so on another forum someone came up with 'nitrate pimples'. While examples he posted look similar I just can not see how this is the case since this fish gets a lot of water changes on a normal basis. Also with the fact I have been medicating and dealing with this for over two months and have been literally doing 25% water changes pretty much daily with some of these treatments, dont really know how I could get nitrates high enough to have this happen or to continue to just get worse.

anthony

Is each spot fuzzy? Could these be small damage spots to the slime coat . Have you emailed a picture to jeff rapps? Maybe he has seen this before on wild caught fish! Couldn't hurt. I know there is on bacterial infection that looks like fungus I think it might be cotton wool disease . I know there is a fish pox but the pictures don't look like what's on your fish . I think there are lots of common diseases that we know about and have cures for but there is probably lots of other things that are not common and are unknown that might happen to a fish . The good news is the fish doesn't seem sick now The bad news is it might not look "show" quality when its done growing. I say email Rapps the picture (could get an answer or get a replacement who knows) I'm sure that guy has seen a lot of things on fish by pulling them out of the wild that a lot of us have never even read about.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

I have a game plan in effect. Will go down the parasite path and then work on the infection.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Update: Not sure how to describe what I see this morning but some of the little 'white heads' look angry. Dont know if this is good or bad... Some of the ones on the top of the fish seemed to have calmed a bit and others almost appear ragged, almost as if they had burst. If this is a parasite maybe that is good. Maybe the thing is getting off the fish and dying in the water with the meds in it. I hope the angry little spots are a sign that the meds are helping....

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member

Angry is a foreign description for me.....can you text a small video?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

lloyd378 said:
Angry is a foreign description for me.....can you text a small video?

At work right now. Angry is my description of a pimple about to pop. All the 'white heads' look intense as if ready to pop. Some of the ones on the top looks as if the popped already with no white head but a bit like a burst balloon.

I am waiting on some of the more potent anti-parasite meds to still come in but the Tetra mixture is having some effect form the look of it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

JimmyZ said:
Some how I picture the pods from the movie Aliens..
that actually is a good description of what I am seeing with the burst open little pimples. :vomit:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Decided to try something 'different'... http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... ?t=2017249
5zr761.jpg

anthony

look up fish pox they look like water blisters also known as carp pox but can occur on any fish.