Forum Ideas, and Concerns

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
jettej said:
We need more NEW people that will be active and serious in the forum. This will also increase the forums activity.
I tried to help with this problem months ago. There are too many forums. Lots of post get lost there and never even get a reply. This is devastating to new person. No response = dead forum.

Forums we don't need:
Forum Operations
ID Forum
Introduction Thread
Photo Contest Thread should be a sticky in General.
Market Rules - should be stickies.
Aquatic Plants and Corals - Should be a part of freshwater/saltwater livestock sections.
Wanted items- people can put WTB in the for sale section
Free Items - People can put FREE in the for sale section
Rate Our Fish Stores should be combined with sponsor stores.
Also Sponsor stores should be encouraged to be active on their thread to keep their sponsorship status. Why do we keep people as sponsors who haven't been active in over a year?

Having 30 forum topics makes us look big. But that's all it does, the more you separate the conversation the worse the conversation will flow. Most of the saltwater forums should be merged into one until it's needed... Look at Saltwater fish breeding. 5 topics have been created there in the years this forum as been going... Most forums with less than 100 topics should just be combined into other things.

Madness

Staff member
Great info Cory. I have to agree with most of it. I am going to change the topic title and make this a suggestion/complaint thread and then I will forward it all to the admin.

A

Anonymous

WAIT WAIT WAIT!

@ Madness, then where will we post non- aquatic conversations?

@ Cory, I do like the suggestions! I would like to be able to click 1 link and be in FS,WTB,TRADE, and FREE, then just be able to scroll through. I do like that.

You know , I didn't create this thread to slam anyone. Every public forum has its ups and downs, every faction of society has its individual personalities in which we all have to deal with . Compared to other forums I have signed onto WashFishBox is the most respectable by far. I like moderators, and welcome new insight on how to make things better & more efficient.

pbmax

I don't think lively discussion about real issues is slamming anyone. There's always room for improvement. :)

KaraWolf

About the only way I find stuff in here is by using the "portal" link unless I'm posting something new or looking for a particular topic. Trying to avoid being the dork who accidentally resurfaces threads that are over a year old *almost did that several times before discovering the portal link*

Kaosu

SiRWesDragon said:
Well I think Madness handled my situation pretty well. My ad was invaded by another posting another persons ad then this person states my ad is a waste of net space. I said things that should be deleted and was deleted.  He cleaned up my ad to continue my sale. He cleaned up my ad! Nothing wrong with that! He took something that shouldn't be there in the first place. So give the a guy a break. He is human too. He probably works and has family to care for.  He is not on here 24/7 to watch what goes on bad or good.:spoton: 
Please stop lying about what happened in your thread, its done and over and "cleaned up"..get over it and stop it.

What Cory said is mostly why he left. Non of his threads ever got meaningful responses..and being yelled at by a mod topped it off among other things.

earthfish

Kaosu said:
SiRWesDragon said:
Well I think Madness handled my situation pretty well. My ad was invaded by another posting another persons ad then this person states my ad is a waste of net space. I said things that should be deleted and was deleted.  He cleaned up my ad to continue my sale. He cleaned up my ad! Nothing wrong with that! He took something that shouldn't be there in the first place. So give the a guy a break. He is human too. He probably works and has family to care for.  He is not on here 24/7 to watch what goes on bad or good.:spoton: 
Please stop lying  about what happened in your thread, its done and over and "cleaned up"..get over it and stop it.

What Cory said is mostly why he left. Non of his threads  ever got meaningful responses..and being yelled at by a mod topped it off among other things.  
Calm Down... I'm sure madness wasn't unfair. It was his choice to leave, Not yours or Madness', You can't force people to reply. If they reply Great, If Not I just get over it and I'm sure others could too. SiRWesDragon Is not really to blame.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Kaosu said:
Please stop lying  about what happened in your thread, its done and over and "cleaned up"..get over it and stop it.
Sorry to burst your bubble but there was no lie there. I saw the ad in question and I saw the response.

There was a clear attack! :ibox: 

First another ad for free fish was posted on the ad SiRWesDragon had posted. This was from another fishbox member and had NOTHING to do with this sale. Also asking $6 for six fish was NOT unreasonable. So why the hijacking?

Second when SiRWesDragon asked what was up, there was another attack saying the 'ad is a waste of net space'.

I dont know either individual personally but I do know what I saw. To me it was someone picking a fight for no good reason. A Cyber bully? This was wrong. Yes SiRWesDragon was wrong to respond back in a not so friendly manner, :swear:  but wouldnt you do the same if someone attacked you?

This was a sad incident. Everyone should feel safe to be part of this site. Hate me if you want too, but when I saw the attack I reported it. Glad the mods here take action!

Kaosu

earthfish said:
Kaosu said:
SiRWesDragon said:

What Cory said is mostly why he left. Non of his threads  ever got meaningful responses..and being yelled at by a mod topped it off among other things.  
Calm Down... I'm sure madness wasn't unfair. It was his choice to leave, Not yours or Madness', You can't force people to reply. If they reply Great, If Not I just get over it and I'm sure others could too. SiRWesDragon Is not really to blame.
There is no calming down needed...I do not think you know the situation you are talking about, no one said anything about being unfair.

A

Anonymous

Thank you DMD123 for my defense but can we past this and focus on the improvements of fishbox. Kaosu, please stay we need everyone who has experience and input on this hobby. I really like this forum and like to respect everyone. Would like the same back to me.
:hugg: like this but not to close.

A

Anonymous

Yes like that. This is only place I can relate to others and find information. So lets improve it like we members think how we need it to be. Come on peeps. Let your input on this. Mods please change the title. I feel bad about the situation with PvtPain66k and I.

Madness

Staff member
Kaosu said:
If letting him know that what he said was uncalled for, and that he needs to refrain from those types of comments, is yelling, OK I am guilty. I also informed him that there has been several threads with comments that were borderline, of purposely starting a confrontation. I politely asked to him to refrain from these types of comments. I can dig up the p.m. if you like and post it?

Bottom line is, things happen and things get said. A lot of the time things go unanswered. I myself also search the PORTAL for any new comments, updates or posts. I look at every single one of them, if I dont have an answer or an opinion, I dont say anything.

One of the biggest things that I do to new members that pisses them off, and I have had several leave because of this, and that is when I try to uphold the market rules. I get nasty p.m.'s every week when I ask individuals to please follow the rules. The only thing I can say about this is if individuals have skin that is so thin that they feel like they are beneath being spoken to and have to jump back as if they are being attacked, then IMO we dont need them here. If they break the rules, I delete and send them a p.m. explaining why. If they need to clean something up, again I will send them a p.m. asking them to do so. If I see that my p.m. has been read, and the individual has not attempted to correct the issue within 48 hours of reading my p.m. then I delete.

I enjoy being a mod, maybe it is a power trip, I dont know. I have always been the one in charge in all that I have done. School president, basketball team captain, an electrical foreman as soon as I got my license, commissioner of all my fantasy football leagues, anchor bowler on my bowling team. Maybe its also because I wont let the team fail, I am willing to make it the best out there, regardless if I piss a few off along the way. I dont mind the pressure, but I am also more than willing to listen to suggestions.

So please keep the ideas coming, I am sure Mikey is completely open to ideas also. :D

Also I am pretty positive that Mikey would agree to having 1 more mod. We need someone that is active, and is not afraid to do what is necessary to keep things running smoothly. If you are interested send me a p.m.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I'd love to see dmd as a mod! He's been on the box for a long time, very knowledgable about fishbox operations, knows quite a bit about fish, and he is also willing to take care of issues when he sees them.

As for deleting thread topics, I don't have an opinion one way or the other. I only usually read the portal (newest posts)... Unless I need to go back and find an old one for reference. Though now that I have typed this, I do like it broken down incase I do have to go back...... That's why I also check out info on mfk.... It's streamlined searching under common topics.... So I guess I lean just a little bit to keeping the topics/ adding more

A

Anonymous

Where'd that guy go? He was very active on the forum, now can't find him! Did he get booted, or delete profile?!

There.... Now we have come full circle in this insanity. Thread lock please MOD, and please change the name back you power junky!!!

I just kidding, I'm kidding!! :joker:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lloyd378 said:
I'd love to see dmd as a mod!  He's been on the box for a long time, very knowledgable about fishbox operations, knows quite a bit about fish, and he is also willing to take care of issues when he sees them.
Im power hungry and would ban everyone and call it all mine! :affraid: 

Not really! :lmfao: 

I would love to... but with my employment situation, Im not sure how much time I will be able to spend here. :( 

Lamental Jester

madness said:
I myself also search the PORTAL for any new comments, updates or posts. I look at every single one of them 
I found your new avatar:
nsa_zpse649bb47.png

Tee hee, I kid, I kid ;)

A

Anonymous

Lamental Jester said:
madness said:
I myself also search the PORTAL for any new comments, updates or posts. I look at every single one of them 
I found your new avatar:
nsa_zpse649bb47.png

Tee hee, I kid, I kid ;)
:laughhard: now that's some funny BEEEEP. <---- damn MOD!