Forum Ideas, and Concerns

pbmax

Being a mod is a crap job really... no matter what you do, someone will complain.  I have a pretty low tolerance for brainlessness; I think the inanity of dealing with some of the more challenging folks (like those who can't read and / or follow rules / directions to save their lives) would melt my brain. :wall:

Keep on truckin', Madness.

Betty

Staff member
Madness, I've been a mod on a couple of forums in the past and what a pain it can be!! I thank you for the job you're doing.

I'll say my issue with wafishbox is it limited draw. I only use the portal version of the site so I can see new content, other wise the forum section is just to vast. I will echo Cory. Less is more, condensing a lot of the topics would be easier to navigate. What I feel is most over looked is that we are all here because this site is location specific. So why isn't that a focus on the start up page or the site in general. Why can't we have a function of some sort that sorts post by location so I can get to know my neighbors. Also either make chat a usable function or get rid of it all together. I frequent another site that has the main page as chat room first and it's a real time conversation with people about what ever they want. I find that significantly more engaging than browsing the forum part of this site.

nick_76

Lamental Jester said:
madness said:
I myself also search the PORTAL for any new comments, updates or posts. I look at every single one of them 
I found your new avatar:
nsa_zpse649bb47.png

Tee hee, I kid, I kid ;)
I actually used to work there till about march or april 2001

my email tagline?
"NSA- Security is our middle name! ...but only because National Agency seemed a bit *too* vague"

the military intelligence war cry? "Don't kill me, I know secrets!"

Madness

Staff member
hobbyorobsession said:
I'll say my issue with wafishbox is it limited draw. I only use the portal version of the site so I can see new content, other wise the forum section is just to vast. I will echo Cory.  Less is more, condensing a lot of the topics would be easier to navigate. What I feel is most over looked is that we are all here because this site is location specific. So why isn't that a focus on the start up page or the site in general. Why can't we have a  function of some sort that sorts post by location so I can get to know my neighbors.  Also either make chat a usable function or get rid of it all together.  I frequent another site that has the main page as chat room first and it's a real time conversation with people about what ever they want. I find that significantly more engaging than browsing the forum part of this site.
Nice ideas, I like it....

A

Anonymous

madness said:
hobbyorobsession said:
I'll say my issue with wafishbox is it limited draw. I only use the portal version of the site so I can see new content, other wise the forum section is just to vast. I will echo Cory.  Less is more, condensing a lot of the topics would be easier to navigate. What I feel is most over looked is that we are all here because this site is location specific. So why isn't that a focus on the start up page or the site in general. Why can't we have a  function of some sort that sorts post by location so I can get to know my neighbors.  Also either make chat a usable function or get rid of it all together.  I frequent another site that has the main page as chat room first and it's a real time conversation with people about what ever they want. I find that significantly more engaging than browsing the forum part of this site.
Nice ideas, I like it....
:plus1: 

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
You can't have usable chat and a forum. One will kill the other. There's no reason to post on the forum if you can get your question answered quickly in chat. etc. Just keep that in mind. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just that one ends the need for the other.

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
You can't have usable chat and a forum. One will kill the other. There's no reason to post on the forum if you can get your question answered quickly in chat. etc. Just keep that in mind. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just that one ends the need for the other.
This makes since too. Nothing compairs to being able to "show n tell" our setups, DYI projects, livestock! Blogging personal experiances. So regular posting would be a primary for me. When it comes to chatting email and PM is a great tool :)

A

Anonymous

This makes since too. Nothing compairs to being able to "show n tell" our setups, DYI projects, livestock!  Blogging personal experiances. So regular posting would be a primary for me. When it comes to chatting  email and PM is a great tool :)
I like that idea.