Food!!!

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
This was a food item I had back in 2014.

The next picture is not for the faint of heart..... This was my third trip down to Ecuador and finally my first time eating 'Cuy'. This is the beloved guinea pig being deep fried. And FYI, it does NOT taste like chicken - LOL - Taste is more like a dark meat from a Turkey, not my favorite but at least I can say I tried it.
View attachment 12814
Good lord. I like to think that I'm pretty adventurous food-wise, but this is where I draw the line. I had heard of this dish, of course, and had ample opportunity to try it in Peru, but just can't get through the presentation. Besides, they're so cute!

194-imagen-1448292782021.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
lol, I didn’t like it deep fried. I think I might try it BBQ next time. Really not much to eat on them, kind of the equivalent of 4 chicken wings worth of meat. Well at least thats what us ‘white’ people thought. One of the family members there is from a native Indian tribe and saw a lot of meat left on the thing and started going at the head to get it all… :sick

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I had a coworker from a previous job who grew up poor in S America. If he ordered chicken wings for lunch there would be nothing left on the plate. He would eat the bones.