Finally some pics.... bichirs at home

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Thanks! He looks so HUGE compared to the others and he is only like 1" bigger than the del. I think I will wait two or three months and get some size on him and then move him into the big tank.

Madness

Staff member
Yea, the one I acquired was about 6-7" but as big around as a quarter, his head is huge.

anthony

they say the weeksi is all about the stripes. Yours has a lot and they look bold. Nice. You have been getting some nice fish online but the weeksi has taken me where I didn't want to go.... Jealousville. If you ever go a different direction sell him to me he can kick it with his bros
SAM_0051_zps759ded3f.jpg
[/url][/img]
SAM_0050_zpsa341bcf1.jpg
[/url][/img]
SAM_0052_zps7ffe3a34.jpg
[/url][/img]

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Nice 'log pile' you got there anthony! If I change my mind I will let you know. I really wanted a big fish for the bottom of the 210g tank and I thought the giraffe catfish would fit that bill... he was interesting but I could not take his destructive behavior. He would dig into the sand so much that plants and decor were moved from one side of the tank to the other. Worse than ANY cichlid digger Ive ever had. So in a few months if he makes it into the big tank and does the same.... you will be hearing from me.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Just need to ask in a nice way of what you are looking for and they seem to try to send something just a bit more special. Or it could just be my imagination.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Was bored so.... a few pics

Gold Dust at home

Checking out his new tankmate

The Weeksii setting in (Ate some Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellet today :cheers:  )

And the Sens chillin' out

The Del was not being photogenic today. :tongue:  Not really, just in a funny spot to take pictures. Right where the acrylic makes its bend so it distorts the image a bit.

If Im so bored maybe I need to take some pics for the photo of the month :scratch:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Had to add these also:

The Del showing its external gills

External gills on weeksii too:

The friendliest the gold dust has ever been:

It lasted for only as long as it took for the photo

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Cant believe it took me so long to get them. I love the fact that the weeksii looks like a little anaconda. The patterning around the mouth especially adds to the snake like look. Today he got some grasshoppers that I caught when I mowed the lawn. I still need to get some earthworms for the guys to eat.