Final Fantasy is an RPG...

Ordered Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for the PS3, should be arriving in the mail today, contemplating if I should buy a PSVita and buy the PSVita version of the game, so I can play it anywhere I go... anyway...

This is the Final Fantasy thread... talk anything Final Fantasy related. Yep.

Leviathan is like, the coolest summon. Ever.
I don't care much for Knights of the Round, or Eden, of Bahamut (unless it's Neo Bahamut...he's cool. The rest, not so much.)

Kupo!

KWEH!!!

Waaaark!

And so on.

h838587D3

Go.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Re: Final Fantasy...What?

I gave up after FF7 & FF8. The classics were the best!

DMD123: Can't go wrong there. :)

Although, FF9 has a place in my heart as well. I actually enjoyed 9 over 8, but 8 was still fun.
7, while granted, being the most hyped FF of them all, is still one of my favorites. I mean, come on. Sephiroth. And also had the best summon animation for Leviathan (followed by FF9's Leviathan summon, then FF8's Leviathan sommon animation...)

But my all time favorite FF would be 6 (or 3, if you played it back in the SNES days)... the remake of FF6 for Mobile phones looks neat. I played (still playing) the mobile remake of FF5, and with it's semi-improved sprite graphics, it's still a classic that holds its charm. :) Level and Ability Point grinding never felt so rewarding!

dwarfpike

FF1 is still the best. Sadly, they aren't even rpg's anymore. I mourn the loss of the greatest rpg franchise ever.  :( 

(I prefered 9 over 8 as well Poke)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

I liked FF6 but had some major snafu in the game and it had lost my saved game so I never finished it.  :swear:  I remember it to be fun.

Dwarfpike: Too true. Everything is all...action-y. I stopped at FF13... tried FF13-2... never finished it. Didn't have the drive or will to finish it.

Don't even get me started with FF13 Lightning Returns. Ugh.

Then FF15, no. Just. No. Although, Noctis does look pretty cool... BUT STILL.

I do like playing FF Dissidia 012 Duodecim, it's a nice pick up and go, type of game where you just beat your favorite FF characters against one another. Definitely not an RPG, but still pretty fun. For like 10 minutes.

I had to replay FF1 on the PSP, because I no longer have a NES, nor could I endure the clinky 8 bit sound effects that the NES had to offer... granted, that's what gave it, its charm. But... yeah. :)

DMD123: You should get it for your phone (it's available for Android and iOS....I think it's like $13.99..... worth it still!) with improved graphics and bonus content, etc.
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/3jSxnmDq2Nk" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

Also. This.

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/sSb1fg6sQuU" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

MRTom

I just finished replaying FF8 a few months ago. Earlier in the year I finished a replay of FFX. I gave up halfway on FFX-2 a few months before that. I am halfway through secret of Mana (another squaresoft one) and Lunar the silver star right now (a competitor). Once I finish both of those, it'll be time to finally replay FFVII and then FFIX.

Also, FFIII FTW! I'm looking for an original cartridge for the SNES so I can play it again. If anyone has a good quality one, let me know as I'll pay top dollar for it :)

BTW, Chocobos in FFVII were the best ever, while the chocobo farming in FFVIII is the most out of place sidequest ever.

MRTom said:
I just finished replaying FF8 a few months ago. Earlier in the year I finished a replay of FFX. I gave up halfway on FFX-2 a few months before that. I am halfway through secret of Mana (another squaresoft one) and Lunar the silver star right now (a competitor). Once I finish both of those, it'll be time to finally replay FFVII and then FFIX.

Also, FFIII FTW! I'm looking for an original cartridge for the SNES so I can play it again. If anyone has a good quality one, let me know as I'll pay top dollar for it :)

BTW, Chocobos in FFVII were the best ever, while the chocobo farming in FFVIII is the most out of place sidequest ever.
Mmmm... I too, just finished re-playing FF8 a couple months ago (via PSP-PSX Emulator), I don't remember when I played FF9, it may have been a year ago or something like that. I loved Secret of Mana! I really should play Chrono Trigger again. I never finished Chrono Cross, I just...couldn't.

Why not just play FF6 via Mobile? At least you get the bonus stuff, that wasn't in FF3 for the SNES :D
Unless you're talking about the real FF3 with Luneth, as the main protagonist. =P

I seem to be confused with your Chocobo farming... I don't recall there being any Chocobo Farming in FF8. In FF8 you just had a Chocobo (and Boco).
In FF7, you had Chocobo Farming, where you bred chocobos to get the ever elusive Gold Chocobo. Then there was Chocobo Racing. Which... was. Fun. I guess. =P

I still remember the day when I got my first Gold Chocobo. Ohhh those were the good ole days :)

MRTom

In FF8 there is this super secret thing where you can go throughout the world map and run into these little forests and then you play a game with the choco sonar and choco seeds to try to catch a chocobo... you have to do some jazz about finding the special chocobo in each forest to win some items... I didn't pay much attention to it cause it was just weird :)

And yeah, I have a vintage gaming thing where I like to play the games in their original platform, so I'm looking for the snes FFIII. I do have the FF3 for Gameboy with Luneth. I got close to the end of that game, but never finished it... I should get back to it someday!

OH.....!! I remember that now! OH MY GOSH, yes that was a paint. You also had a bell, or something, and you had to like... call the baby chocobos, and you either had to get all the chocobos on the screen, or something like that. Man, that was a hassle.

I'm always fascinated with the remakes, whether they be good or bad, I always like to see what they did "differently" . . . but yes, definitely can't beat the originals, for sure.

Which reminds me, I still have to beat my re-play game of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth.

Mmmm... or maybe replay Star Ocean series..

It arrived in the mail, like 2 minutes after I got home. Perfect timing indeed. Now, if you'll excuse me. I'm going to be playing this for a good sum of hours....

Oh, hello Auron. Fancy seeing you here... in High Def.

MRTom

Auron was such a... Argh. And the ending of X... argh... And then there's the mediocre ending of X-2... ARGH. The bad ending of X-2 was the best I think... maybe followed by the good ending of X-2. But the whole of X-2 was so... Argh... I never finished it and just saw the endings on youtube... argh...

Tell me again why you're doing this to yourself Poke? Go make some Korean food instead!

MrTom: Oh, but I did the smarter thing of setting aside some leftover Korean food, so I could eat and play FFX HD Remaster at the same time! OH HAH! :D

I ... yeah. I had mixed feelings with the ending(s) in X-2 . . . I too, ended up just watching them on youtube, one time, because I didn't feel like completing the entire game, and having to re-play it again to get the perfect ending, etc etc... Maybe I'll do that, this time around. Hah!

ShortyKilyGyrl: IT IS!!! Suteki Da Neeeeee :3

......This.....is my story.

No... no... no it's not, TEEDUS.

Madness

Staff member

MY 2cents. What a waste of time and brain cells.  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  OK Im done now, back to the nerd talk. ;)

Enjoy, you wont see me here ever again.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

A

Anonymous

Madness said:
MY 2cents.  What a waste of time and brain cells.  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  OK Im done now, back to the nerd talk. ;)

Enjoy, you wont see me here ever again.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 
 :suspect: 

I feEl old... I miss being able to drift into a vid for hours. RPG was a secondary for me . I am a 1st person GRUNT.  RETIRED
431a46cf2570a46fb76501ee815790f4_zpsd47ae88f.jpg

What better way to kill brain cells than to kill them by video games?

I'd rather do that, than kill em through sucking up helium =P

*casts Ultima*

A

Anonymous

Final fantasy 10 was the shtuff. Played hours and hours close to beating the game. Years ago lived in rainier valley. Fudgers broke into my house and rob us. Took all my games stations (modded xbox, regular xbox, and ps2), spare civic SI car keys, leather jacket(girl gave me), and my white air force ones. That ps2 had the game and memory card(stored all game saves to able to play other places). Was almost done. Near killing sepiroth(long gray haired guy with long skinny sword). Got everything back through insurance but was not motivated to do those hours again. Gave up playing RPGs cause of that. That is my story of final fantasy 10. Lol.