Evolution of a nano 9.5 gallon long

A

Anonymous

Re: Evolution of a nano 9.5 gallon long

Anthraxx said:
i REALLY like that tank. coming together very nicely. the plants and those high rocks definitely look great and provide structure so they will swim around more. keep the pics coming
:spoton: Thank you. I am really enjoying how this worked out.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Stop posting pics, it makes me want to set up another tank! :joker:

Really like the look of that tank, very cool little set up! :spoton:

Anthraxx

glad to see you liking it. if you ever get sick of the substrate just move it around. i always enjoyed ticking off my multies :p. takes em a day to put it all back, and seemed to curb any aggression for a day or two (clearly they were busy digging)

A

Anonymous

DMD123 said:
Stop posting pics, it makes me want to set up another tank! :joker:
MTS MTS MTS MTS MTS MTS

DMD123 said:
Really like the look of that tank, very cool little set up! :spoton:
Thank you DMD123 :D

Anthraxx said:
glad to see you liking it. if you ever get sick of the substrate just move it around. i always enjoyed ticking off my multies :p. takes em a day to put it all back, and seemed to curb any aggression for a day or two (clearly they were busy digging)
Lol! Thank you for the tip. Haven't noticed any aggression yet. Still trying to determine sex of these little fish.

Anthraxx

size is really the only sure fire way ive found (or read about for that matter) its kinda why i always aim high and then let them kill each other off till it works. none of the shellies outside of brevis seem to "pair off" so its mostly aggression on males. if you could find a way to identify each fish and try to get some good profile shots i may be able to help. also something for size reference would be good. maybe set a ruler next to the tank rim idk. anything over an inch is most likely male tho, GL to ya!

A

Anonymous

Not completely sure of the age of the fish but was picked up as a mature colony. With that being said I more than likely have 5 males and 1 female. I'll try to get some individual snap shots.

A

Anonymous

So I got swimmers. My second spawning fish in my aquatic hobby history :cheers: .

I crushed up a quality pellet and flakes into a power. Little guy likes em. I have only located 1. I do not know how big Multies spawns are. And my guess is perhaps the others maybe hiding in other places or have been eatten, or may have starved because I didn't catch it earlier....?

There is NO way of catching spawn and moving them, LOL. Guess I'll hope for the best. The Multies have been digging so much they've created many little nooks and crannies for little ones to hide.

Any with experiance is more than welcome to jump in with insight. Advice is always appreciated :) .

A

Anonymous

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
Awesome! I catch my angel fry to relocate with a turkey baster :) *shuuuck* haha :)

That's a good idea! I could give that a try. But what I mean by nooks and crannys is shells in piles, tunnels under rocks. Little nooks 3 levels deep in shells. I have to pear into those little nooks to see the babies. I wouldn't be able to get to them with a baster and they would disappear into shells if I disturbed them. It's actually a really cool little community environment. I just don't want to disturb the shells right now. The fish definitely have territories and a pecking order.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Oh yeah I get what ya mean. Bare bottom tanks and a cloud of angel fry are a lot easier to get. Lol you should shoot a short video of the set up. I'd love to see it in action.

A

Anonymous

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
Oh yeah I get what ya mean. Bare bottom tanks and a cloud of angel fry are a lot easier to get. Lol you should shoot a short video of the set up. I'd love to see it in action.
That's one thing I've never done. I'll have to figure out how to on the video thing. I do have an account with youtube but never downloaded anything.

The fry is about the size of a grain of rice. Little bugger :)