Denny's petworld anniversary sale Today and tomorrow!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Salzabar said:
Honestly? You have to take a number to get help? Really? Is that fun when your shopping for a new pet?
You have to wait in line to check out at the grocery store, wait in line to get in to any sporting event. wait in line at a stop light. Take a number and wait in line at the dmv. Life is full of lines and waiting. May as well save 50% while you're at it.

GoodnNuff

Ashley said:
LOL well the wholesaler they get their fish from are generally good about sending healthy fish. I am there like 3x per week getting various stuff and even on shipment days I rarely see any dead or dieing fish. If they don't look healthy to you, don't buy them. You can generally get a good idea just by looking at the fish if they are healthy or not.

About re selling their fish the same day, they are a business they have to do what they have to do. Nice post though

It's easy to have this attitude when you haven't lost a tank full of valuable fish due to one new "healthy" fish that happened to be carrying bacteria, virus or parasites.
Trust me Ashley, I felt the same when I was your age as well. It only takes it happening once to change your practices. If you have small tanks with a few inexpensive fish, quarantining is a hassle, but if you have a large tank or expensive fish, quarantining new purchases is simply protecting your investment. And good husbandry, IMO.

(insert "the old guy lecturing" emoticon here)

:lol:

Ashley

GoodnNuff said:
Ashley said:
LOL well the wholesaler they get their fish from are generally good about sending healthy fish. I am there like 3x per week getting various stuff and even on shipment days I rarely see any dead or dieing fish. If they don't look healthy to you, don't buy them. You can generally get a good idea just by looking at the fish if they are healthy or not.

About re selling their fish the same day, they are a business they have to do what they have to do. Nice post though

It's easy to have this attitude when you haven't lost a tank full of valuable fish due to one new "healthy" fish that happened to be carrying bacteria, virus or parasites.
Trust me Ashley, I felt the same when I was your age as well. It only takes it happening once to change your practices. If you have small tanks with a few inexpensive fish, quarantining is a hassle, but if you have a large tank or expensive fish, quarantining new purchases is simply protecting your investment. And good husbandry, IMO.

(insert "the old guy lecturing" emoticon here)

:lol:
I don't know what you're trying to get at but yes, trust me I know what it's like to loose a lot of fish or an expensive fish due to sickness. Lost a $250 payara armatus from something stupid like ich. I guess I just don't blame anyone other than myself for not being able to take care of the problem before the fish die.

Ashley

GoodnNuff said:
Sorry, I wasn't "trying to get at" anything, simply offering cautionary advice.
No worries! Thanks :D

I will post pictures as soon as I find my camera! The puffers are super cool looking. I love them