Denny's petworld anniversary sale Today and tomorrow!

Ashley

Anyone going? I will be there when I get off!

All freshwater fish 50% off.

Saltwater is 30% off I believe.

Tanks at "dealer cost" I doubt that because they are still pretty expensive. But cheaper than usual!

All filters, heaters, powerheads, all equipment 20-30% off!

hbluehunter

Oh man, why does the sale have to be this weekend when i get paid next friday.. :( Oh well i guess i'll just miss out on this one..lol Let me know if they have anything good ashley.

Ashley

Yeah I missed it last year and by the time I get there when I get off work is is going to be packed full of people! You have to pull a number just to get into the fish room. It's crazy. I will let ya know what I come out with! lol

hbluehunter

That is crazy, you actually have to take a number to go i and buy stuff.. :no: It's not like i'm trying to buy an ipad it's a dang fish..lol

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Just a FYI, it's common practice for these pet stores to order all their fish in, on Wednesday or Thursday and sell them on the weekend. This is definitely a time where you want to quarantine your fish you bring home, and really scrutinize over the health of the fish you're going to buy. They can get away with this, because they know if you don't buy it, the 40 people in line behind them will.

I've even seen fish unbagged and sold in the same hour at these sales. I won't name the stores, but it is a common practice between them. And as a disclaimer, I've never been to Denny's on an anniversary sale. The times I have been there though, I'd say 50% off might just make some of their fish market price :p I've seen $75 royal plecos etc there.

Their niche is to have high priced fish that sell slowly, which leads to healthier fish. A fish that sits for 6 months, and then is sold is much more likely to be healthy, but comes at a higher price.

Be an informed buyer. 50% off of a dead or dieing fish is 50% too much.

Ashley

LOL well the wholesaler they get their fish from are generally good about sending healthy fish. I am there like 3x per week getting various stuff and even on shipment days I rarely see any dead or dieing fish. If they don't look healthy to you, don't buy them. You can generally get a good idea just by looking at the fish if they are healthy or not.

About re selling their fish the same day, they are a business they have to do what they have to do. Nice post though

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Ashley said:
LOL well the wholesaler they get their fish from are generally good about sending healthy fish. I am there like 3x per week getting various stuff and even on shipment days I rarely see any dead or dieing fish. If they don't look healthy to you, don't buy them. You can generally get a good idea just by looking at the fish if they are healthy or not.

About re selling their fish the same day, they are a business they have to do what they have to do. Nice post though
*shrug* we all deal with the same wholesalers, and yes obviously most of the fish that are ordered are healthy otherwise no one would order from them. I'm simply reminding people to double check what they're buying. Sale times are about the worst time to buy fish if you actually value the life of your fish. Even in a healthy tank of 1000 neons. By the time you're getting your 50, they've been chased 30 times for the customers before you, and won't get sick for 2-3 days after they get to your house.

The benefits is you pay 50% for the fish. Just make sure you quarantine it, so you don't lose 125% of fish value!

Ashley

So I came out with a congo puffer, a mirius puffer, a TSN, a new fluval HOB filter. Some polisher pads, a powerhead, fish food, a chi for my mom, plants and a heater for the chi. Oh and another little puffer for my mom :)

$300 later....Okay I went a little crazy. Sales get me all excited to spend cash.

The more you buy, the more you save :D

The sale is still going on today, better get there while ya can!