Clean up crew ideas for aggressive fish (pleco)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Let me know when you want to place an order if you do. I would love to grab a couple from them as well and start slowly collecting my pleco tank family

Im seeing if he will leak a little early info, lol. They show a BOGO, Flash sale slated for Black Friday 2020.

@fishguy1978 also expressed interest in some fish there when we were talking so hopefully the sale covers something that one of us wants!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve always wanted a whip tail catfish... I see they they have some,... if you place an order, I may jump on one of these
Looks like the majority of the BOGO is African cichlids, jaguar cichlid, and assorted community fish. Have not seen any flash sale items pop up yet. My rhino did drop in price from $99 to $80 in the cart.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Placed my order for the Rhino. $80 for the fish and $29.99 in shipping. I basically saved $20 waiting for the black Friday sale. Hopefully will get this next week if no delays.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
So my challenge will be how to introduce the fish to the trimac....

Im leaning towards acclimating it in the rtm tank when it comes in. Let the rhino settle in for a couple weeks first. Then wait till evening and move the rhino into the Trimac tank. Sounds good in theory since the trimac should be settling down to sleep. But this was when it had descaled a large male convict I had tried to put in with it. Took it out with a vengeance at night.
I could try and put it in during the day and watch it closely. But that is when I had added the convict, during the day, with no issues toward the other fish. It just kept its distance from it and flared a little. But once darkness hit so did the trimac.
Any suggestions?

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
So my challenge will be how to introduce the fish to the trimac....

Im leaning towards acclimating it in the rtm tank when it comes in. Let the rhino settle in for a couple weeks first. Then wait till evening and move the rhino into the Trimac tank. Sounds good in theory since the trimac should be settling down to sleep. But this was when it had descaled a large male convict I had tried to put in with it. Took it out with a vengeance at night.
I could try and put it in during the day and watch it closely. But that is when I had added the convict, during the day, with no issues toward the other fish. It just kept its distance from it and flared a little. But once darkness hit so did the trimac.
Any suggestions?

Do you have an estimated delivery date?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have an estimated delivery date?
Not yet, did get a confirmation of the order. With the sale going I dont think they will ship until at least Monday. If I ordered anything else the orders would get combined and extra shipping refunded thats why I think they will wait.

If you are not able to pick up fish when they come in I could acclimate them and put them in my community until you can get them. Nothing in the 65B would have an issue with them.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Not yet, did get a confirmation of the order. With the sale going I dont think they will ship until at least Monday. If I ordered anything else the orders would get combined and extra shipping refunded thats why I think they will wait.

If you are not able to pick up fish when they come in I could acclimate them and put them in my community until you can get them. Nothing in the 65B would have an issue with them.

I kinda figured Monday especially with the holiday. Thank you for orchestrating the order. Looking forward to some fish I haven’t kept before.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I kinda figured Monday especially with the holiday. Thank you for orchestrating the order. Looking forward to some fish I haven’t kept before.
I was tempted to get more stuff but there are some other fish Im interested in on other websites. Exoticfishshop.net is probably on my order next list. They have a speckled talking catfish I want. Problem is that is the only thing they have that I want. Unless I break down and order an Irwini catfish that Ive always wanted. Pretty much another “log” of a fish, lol.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I have some fishes coming today, too; they're on the UPS truck out of Bremerton this morning. The fishes are Xenotilapia flavipinni s 'Kekese' Red Royal, a biparental mouthbrooder from Tanganyika. I'm excited! :D

View attachment 7104
Cool! New fish day for some of us.... If you hadnt guessed @fishguy1978 has something(s) coming in with my pleco. lol