Clean up crew ideas for aggressive fish (pleco)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Well packed and the big guy was in 4 bags!
IMG_20201202_170537661.jpg He is a beast, bucket is 11 1/2" across and he is curled a bit. Thinking 12" for this monster.
IMG_20201202_171143151.jpg
Inside the tank
IMG_20201202_174049881.jpg Decided to let him have a calm night with the little grow outs and settle in before he goes in with the trimac.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
No such monsters for me. I added 2 WC L104, an other Liberifer and a chocolate. The chocolate is already scarfing down frozen blood worms. I have the 2 cichlids in a 29g for now with some guppy’s.
Newbie L104
54D625B4-2A50-4C29-B9C5-8151FB0ECFB4.jpeg
Adult L104 for comparison, 1in cave opening
94D57F0D-A676-493F-94DB-644A70775D16.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Really like this guy’s personality. Very calm and easy going. Not seeing any aggression from the RTM’s toward it and am almost tempted to leave it be with them instead of subjecting it to possible damage from the trimac.

Anyway main reason for posting is asking thoughts on how much to feed this guy? I know he munches the wood which is evident from his poop and I am feeding him too. Basically the tank is spotless, there is no algae on anything so he is doing well with keeping it clean. I have been doing 3 Northfin kelp wafers a night. Not sure if that is enough? Is that enough for a 12” pleco?

FishBeast

Really like this guy’s personality. Very calm and easy going. Not seeing any aggression from the RTM’s toward it and am almost tempted to leave it be with them instead of subjecting it to possible damage from the trimac.

Anyway main reason for posting is asking thoughts on how much to feed this guy? I know he munches the wood which is evident from his poop and I am feeding him too. Basically the tank is spotless, there is no algae on anything so he is doing well with keeping it clean. I have been doing 3 Northfin kelp wafers a night. Not sure if that is enough? Is that enough for a 12” pleco?
How big are the wafers? I’d say as long as what you feed is gone by morning you’re ok. I love this pleco’s look, especially the armor ridges along the flanks.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The Northfin are pretty thick wafers in comparison to other brands. All wafers are gone by morning. The pleco does not have a sunken tummy so I am assuming he gets enough food.