Cichlid Guessing Game CA & SA Cichlids

A

Anonymous

That's a cool fish, and cooler behaviour. I have now clue what 95% of the fish you guys post are.

Anthraxx

ya that pic made me rethink my stocklist for this 125.. i really dig those spots.. and that breeding behavior is pretty neat.

JK47

czeiszler said:
As happy as I am that I got it right(thanks for the hint DMD)...someone else take a turn. :flower:
That's cool of you man! I'll play :D this should be easy for someone.

SA.jpg

A

Anonymous

I have no clue what that fish is either... some kinda geo I think.

JK47

aaronfeeney said:
Acarichthys heckelii
Acarichthys heckelii have an infraorbital stripe which counts this species out.

aaronfeeney said:
Satanoperca jurupari
Satanoperca jurupari do not have midlateral spotting on the flanks which counts this species out. Great guess though!

hbluehunter

You're killing me bro.. I'm trying to find out what it is and I'm lost.. I was think Heckelii but I knew it didn't look right.. Was also thinking Satanoperca Daemon but that doesn't look right either.. See if you found me a copy of that book I'd know.. Lol

JK47

hbluehunter said:
You're killing me bro.. I'm trying to find out what it is and I'm lost.. I was think Heckelii but I knew it didn't look right.. Was also thinking Satanoperca Daemon but that doesn't look right either.. See if you found me a copy of that book I'd know.. Lol
It's neither of the species youn mentioned bro, sorry! If I get my hands on another copy of weidners book it goes your way! I am looking for one for Peter as well. I'll drop you a line soon, been working some pretty long hours :(

A

Anonymous

Juvie pelligerini? I don't really know fish from that family.. so I'm just guessing.