Cichlid Guessing Game CA & SA Cichlids

JK47

czeiszler said:
Satanoperca acuticeps
Took me awhile to figure it out but the clues helped. I knew yesterday night but I was giving someone else a chance.
Satanoperca acuticeps is not terribly common in the hobby and when it is available, it is usually misidentified as s. jurupari or s. daemon.

Link below has more info.

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/profile.php?genus=Satanoperca&species=acuticeps&id=766
Nice job! Most poeple always confuse them with S. daemon but S. acuticeps has 4 midlateral spots on the flanks. Great species to keep if you haven't had the chance.

czeiszler

My apologies...I wasn't paying attention to the site I was on so I picked from the wrong list. I will be more careful next time. Here is a new picture.
wfbgam11.jpg

http://www.malawicichlidhomepage.com/other/thorichthys_ellioti.html

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
madness said:
I have been playing this game on MFK and it can get pretty interesting, so I thought we could try this here. Maybe we can get one like this going in the African section also, for the African Cichlid enthusiasts.

Cichld Guessing Game, CA/SA Cichlids Only!!

All right, so here is how this is gonna work, I'll post a picture of a SA/CA Cichlid. Then the first person to CORRECTLY name that Cichlid, (complete scientific name so there is no confusion), will get to post a new pic of a different Cichlid. It doesn't have to be a Cichlid you own either. Hopefully this will add a little zam and bam to this forum! Best of luck to you all! Gonna try my best to stump ya! Let the games begin!!

NO HYBRIDS

czeiszler,
Come on now rules state CA/SA cichlids only.... That sure looks like an African to me :scratch:

Mikey

If anyone uses photos from another site/weren't taken by you, post either the website it was taken from or give credit to the person who took the photo. Thanks. Don't edit others photos either, especially if it is copyrighted.

czeiszler

@DMD: I fixed it..Sorry I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing and I picked from the wrong list. Anyways there is a new picture and it is a CA/SA cichlid.

@Mikey: I understand about not editing and I will fix it so the pictures that I edited aren't edited anymore. But can we add the copyright and link to the website after someone else has guessed right?, otherwise the game will not work if you can just click on a link and have the answer.

Madness

Staff member
Can I ask a stupid question. Why is it a big deal to acknowledge the pic? I know that there was a big blow up a while ago, and I thought then like I do know. Big deal. If someone finds my pictures and uses them to show what a particular fish looks like, I could care less. Now if your using my photo in an add or something that profits the poster or picture user, than yes acknowledge the individual that took it. I have conversed on many a sites, and I always see people posting pictures of fish that have been found on the web, to help with identifying or to play games. I do not see the big deal in it.

Am I missing something?

Mikey

If a photo is being copied and pasted, and it is copyrighted by chance, our site could get into some trouble for allowing that to happen.

SOO, I'd rather be on the safe side, and just acknowledge that it's not the photo of one of our member's.

If someone uses your pics, that's okay, because you don't have your photos copyrighted. I'm sure if you had a reason to copyright them, you wouldn't want them to be altered and/or used without your acknowledgement.

Madness

Staff member
Thats cool, will do. I personally dont think that I would care, but Im no one special. :lol:

How do we know if it is copyrighted?

fishman09

if someone posts a pic on the internet i consider it free game like putting items at your curb. just my opinion and giving photo credit may make this game entirely too easy.

A

Anonymous

madness said:
Thats cool, will do. I personally dont think that I would care, but Im no one special. :lol:

How do we know if it is copyrighted?
Take that back!!! You are special.. haven't you ever seen barney, everyone in his or her own way.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Here is an easy one:

This picture belongs to a sport fishing website which I will post after the proper answer is given. That way proper credit is given.

Anthraxx

o wow.. id be down for that.. but id honestly be after those tiny little apistogrammas :p just ditch me by a shallow stream.. hahaha