Cichlid-gal's awesome video of her amazing fish/tanks

Madness

Staff member
Some pictures to hold you over for a bit. :)

p1140910.jpg
" />
p1140911.jpg
" />
p1140912.jpg
" />
p1140913.jpg
" />
p1140914.jpg
" />

p1140916.jpg
" />
p1140917.jpg
" />
p1140918.jpg
" />
p1140919.jpg
" />
p1140920.jpg
" />
p1140921.jpg
" />

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Love all the live plants and the various tetras and rainbows.  :spoton: 

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Great aquascaping! I need some lesson Donna. I think my Central Americans would love to dart in and out and around a lush jungle like you have!

cichlid-gal

Thanks everyone...I encouraged Shawn to edit the video down down down as most of what I have is pretty common so quick video shots of the tanks and fish a little chatter would be best :)

Madness

Staff member
cichlid-gal said:
Thanks everyone...I encouraged Shawn to edit the video down down down as most of what I have is pretty common so quick video shots of the tanks and fish a little chatter would be best :)
Ill see what I can do, there were parts where you explained proper care on plants, why you have certain species, why they are on CARES, breeding behavior, etc...... I cant cut that out, that is why I do it. :)

But I will see what I can do. :)

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Madness said:
cichlid-gal said:
Ill see what I can do, there were parts where you explained proper care on plants, why you have certain species, why they are on CARES, breeding behavior, etc......  I cant cut that out, that is why I do it. :)

But I will see what I can do. :)
I, as a beginner, would love to hear this part. It would help me with if a species of plant or fish would work well in my own tanks for ideas and such.

Anthraxx

ya im really excited for this one as well, ive had the pleasure of donna's company before and boy does she know her fish. its always nice to get a little fish talk in with people who understand and are as excited to chat as i am. gonna be neat to hear about all the species shes keeping currently.

Madness

Staff member
Here it is, the long awaited video of Donna's beautiful planted tanks.  And 1 Tanganyikan tank with some rare beauties in it, as well.

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/gnIR6-3LnvM" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

cichlid-gal

Madness....thanks for putting together such a great video and for shortening things up. Even though it was me that you video'd I still had fun watching this just like all the others you have done. All your video's show how much fun you are having with this extension of your hobby. Taking your time to come all the way over to E-town and visit was to me....priceless. Thanks again for the wonderful day.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Very inspiring Donna! Makes me want to plant all my tanks!

Good job Shawn! Love the OnTheRoad series you have started up!

cichlid-gal

Thanks DMD...I started with all rock and sand/gravel tanks...after about a year of accumulating plants from various sources and growing up my own, this is what I have. Keeping the easier plants makes plant maintenance super simple and even anubias and ferns are lovely in tanks. After time, adding in other plants allows you to see what works and doesn't work as some plants like harder water or softer water just like fish.

Madness

Staff member
Here is a comment on my YouTube page that I thought I would share.

DylanTommy Natural Aquatics
2 hours ago

.. Thanks Shawn... Cool tanks... I never see these type of African tanks with the Arnoldichthys spilopterus (RedEyeAfricanTetras)... the diversity is cool , but I like that she initially tried to keep it as a West African tank... those Biotopes are rare to see.. the Cyathopharynx foai are another sweet species... I love those type of Tanganyikan species specific biotopes .so FUN !! .. It's a beautiful setup...they All are beautiful setups!! with really cool fish! .... "Good work, Donna!"........Thanks for sharing... Tank On ! 

cichlid-gal

Thanks for sharing that Shawn, such nice comments....and its cool you have other viewers and followers on your youtube. Such fun.

Thanks everyone else for your anticipation.

Madness

Staff member
Hey Donna it was my pleasure, and your tanks were amazing.

So whats up FISHBOX, you all were excited to see the video and now that it is done, no responses.  :roll:roll