Chocolate Cichlid

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Yup. I had one that I think I injured while moving the plecos log. It was bent 45 degrees in the middle of the spine. While scooping it out 3 other became sacrificial offerings. He's quick.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Choco needs to move to another tank. I had to move the redhead tapajo fry out of their 29g because the ammonia spiked and I lost all but 7 of them. Currently, they are in a net breeder in Choco's 55g. So, do I move him into a 29g until he outgrows it in 6mo? Or into the 220 or the 120? The 60g cube would be ideal but I have the rainbows in there as well as harlequin rasboras and cherry shrimp. I could move the rainbows again.:whistle

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Oh yeah, the problem dealing with larger fishes that can potentially eat their tankmates. There is nothing in the 220 that could eat the Choco? I would be tempted to move him in with the big boys. Im thinking the Sev's would not consider it a threat at that size so it should be fine. But thats the other fun thing about cichlids, you never know how they will react.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Oh yeah, the problem dealing with larger fishes that can potentially eat their tankmates. There is nothing in the 220 that could eat the Choco? I would be tempted to move him in with the big boys. Im thinking the Sev's would not consider it a threat at that size so it should be fine. But thats the other fun thing about cichlids, you never know how they will react.
He is smaller than the smallest Sev in the 220g

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Loving the ‘dark chocolate’ pics. Fish looks cool in those colors!

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Loving the ‘dark chocolate’ pics. Fish looks cool in those colors!
He is one of my top likes of the fish in my collection. I borrowed the light off of the 220g to take the picture dump I uploaded and then these right after I removed the light.