"Bumblebee Oscar"

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
He’s looking thick
Just ate frozen brine shrimp. He burns it off pretty fast.

He is at that awkward size where I cant find a good sized pellet for him. The Omega One small floating chiclid pellet is just a bit too big and what he currently is eating is just starting to become too small. He likes the Hikari Vibra bites but getting hard to fill him up with those. He probably would do well with Hikari Gold ‘baby’ sized, but they grow so fast not worth buying it special. I think he should be able to tackle the Omega One in two weeks.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, his stripes really are coming in quickly . How much has he grown since you picked him up

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, his stripes really are coming in quickly . How much has he grown since you picked him up
lol, honestly I am the worst to ask. I would say he has put on 1/4” in the three weeks Ive had him. He is now eating Omega One small floating and Dainichi color fx small sinking so I think he will put on size much quicker now.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Moved him into his permanent home. Cleared out stuff in the 90 to make it easy for him to swim around. He has been exploring his new surroundings.
IMG_20211121_092112191.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Decided to change up the pleco tankmates. Took the territorial bn male out and threw him with the red wolf. This left the L001 for a while by itself and seemed to be doing well. Decided to try a L200 hi-fin in the tank to see if this is a good fit. If this works then I may rehome the other one.

As to the oscar, he is getting to be a favorite. Definitely a food driven fish and watches me like a hawk for food. Been growing this one out slowly and super tempted to put him into the 300 but he is doing well in his 90g home for now.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Decided to change up the pleco tankmates. Took the territorial bn male out and threw him with the red wolf. This left the L001 for a while by itself and seemed to be doing well. Decided to try a L200 hi-fin in the tank to see if this is a good fit. If this works then I may rehome the other one.

As to the oscar, he is getting to be a favorite. Definitely a food driven fish and watches me like a hawk for food. Been growing this one out slowly and super tempted to put him into the 300 but he is doing well in his 90g home for now.
Upgrade!! :cool:

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Let’s see an update on the bumble bee…..what size do you guess he’s / she’s st now?

My wild caught Oscar is close to 5.5” and then same with my tiger Oscar from petsmart. I’ll get some pics of them today and tomorrow and will share out.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Let’s see an update on the bumble bee…..what size do you guess he’s / she’s st now?

My wild caught Oscar is close to 5.5” and then same with my tiger Oscar from petsmart. I’ll get some pics of them today and tomorrow and will share out.
So my guess is about 9", pictures from this evening... a bit blurry but an update
IMG_20220515_202327075_HDR.jpgIMG_20220515_202330385_HDR.jpg