"Bumblebee Oscar"

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Well Im at a crossroads… it will likely be about 6 months of power feeding before I have Bocourti at a size where they wont get eaten by my bichirs in the 300. So do I move my Oscar into the 300? He was never a planned occupant for that tank. The big tank looks empty without a center attention fish.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Well Im at a crossroads… it will likely be about 6 months of power feeding before I have Bocourti at a size where they wont get eaten by my bichirs in the 300. So do I move my Oscar into the 300? He was never a planned occupant for that tank. The big tank looks empty without a center attention fish.
Just DO IT!!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Just DO IT!!
Yeah, just move the little guy over and if it don’t work just buy another/bigger tank… lol

There are definitely some psychological issues at stake with the fish too. I had pulled a red devil from the 300 and put him in the 90 and he was very strange after that. My fear is my happy, go lucky little Oscar will change when I go to pull him out. Not sure how an Oscar and Bocourti would do together in the 300 but I only want to add just one more fish. The big balas make that tank feel small already.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I’d keep the Oscar where it’s at and go rent a large fish for the 300( meaning buy something large and when the time comes, sell it for what you paid for it)!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I’d keep the Oscar where it’s at and go rent a large fish for the 300( meaning buy something large and when the time comes, sell it for what you paid for it)!
I know this guy… Lloyd’s rent-a-fish, lol. Actually not a bad idea, problem is I would get attached.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I always say I’m attached to my fish, then find myself giving them to others for various reasons.

Right now I have a month to decide what I’m doing over summer.

I need to bring the fish from school home but they are not comparable with the other fish I keep.

I could sell the fish at school ( g. Brasília’s , WC Oscar, and my sev) or sell one of the fish taking up a bunch of room in the garage ….. make rtm I. The 125g, Dovii X jag in a 75g, or my fahaka puffer in my top 75g.

Not sure the plan expect I know my garage does not have room for an additional tank. Haha