Black Friday FX6 Deal! $170 at Petsmart

Tank

Rofl I ended up getting one too. I should stop spending money on aquarium stuff til at least 2018. On the bright side this opens up a lot of doors for a community tank :D

lymitliss

Now I REALLY had no intention of taking part in black friday this year, but these were too cheap not to.

And yes, they delivered them to my house :rofl

20161125_141201_1480111938713_zpspk7dgsyb.jpg

Cole

Now I REALLY had no intention of taking part in black friday this year, but these were too cheap not to.

And yes, they delivered them to my house :rofl

Nice! We picked up 2 today, too. Was originally gonna go with 4 AC 110s on our new 125 gallon barb tank. But, once I saw the ad last week, plans changed rather quickly...lol. It was funny seeing the FX4s sitting right next to the FX6s in the store...for $30 more.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Im heading out after work to pick mine up.

I notice that they all seem to be the new 2nd generation ones. I have two of the first gen ones with the date dials on them and kind of wondered what they had in mind with those... because both dials only went up to twelve. Month would be fine but date not accurate. Lol

Cole

Im heading out after work to pick mine up.

I notice that they all seem to be the new 2nd generation ones. I have two of the first gen ones with the date dials on them and kind of wondered what they had in mind with those... because both dials only went up to twelve. Month would be fine but date not accurate. Lol

We ended up getting one of each. I didn't think much of it when I picked them up this morning. They were already set aside for me, behind the counter. I might take the orange box one back and exchange it in a week or two, when they replenish some stock.

Tank

I got the silver box because people told me the orange box has a louder motor and doesnt come with free graval vac.

Tank

Plus it was the last one lol amd some guy was carting out an orange one when I got there :D

Cole

I got the silver box because people told me the orange box has a louder motor and doesnt come with free graval vac.

I need to come better prepared next time...lol. I doubt I'll use the gravel vac, but I'd rather have the quieter motor.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
To get The gravel vac you have to use a redemption code in the box. It's actually in the filter under the lid. I picked mine up and it was the second gen model. I think the basket in basket for the top bio foam is a good idea. The two foam filters when stacked seem to fill up quickly and not allow as much water flow. I think the basket gives a liitle room to let the flow go through and prevent the foam from collapsing or compressing so much. Pure speculation on that one but Im using that on the top basket for sure.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. They did. But I never understood how the dials made sense when determining the day it was serviced last.
Yeah having both dails go to 12... what were they thinking? I guess no one is allowed to clean a filter from the 13th to the 30/31st

Tank

Lol I always just write when I serviced my stuff somewhere on the tank with a dry erase marker.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
So this is what it looks like under my stand currently. FX6 on the right and left with the FX5 in the center being upgraded to the second generation FX6.

Cole

So this is what it looks like under my stand currently. FX6 on the right and left with the FX5 in the center being upgraded to the second generation FX6.

Nice! Your Pearsei is awesome, BTW. I've always wanted one after I saw it on MFKs.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! Your Pearsei is awesome, BTW. I've always wanted one after I saw it on MFKs.
Thank you, Porkchop is one of my all time favorites that Ive owned. She is gentle yet can be 'mean' when it comes to her meals. Very comical when she does her 'feed me' dance. The only other fish Ive owned that I fell in love with was a large midas cichlid and a bumblebee oscar. Otherwise Ive had a ton of cichlids come and go that did not leave their mark.

Last edited:

Tank

I didn't open mine yet lol is there a time limitation to getting the gravel vac?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't open mine yet lol is there a time limitation to getting the gravel vac?
The offer does say 'while supplies last'... but I saw no expiration date

Also, while the item itself is free, you do have to pay shipping cost. I ordered mine and it was like $12 to ship.