Betta Pics here!

BallardFishGuy

PokeSephiroth said:
BallardFishGuy: Thanks!! :D

those betta pics of yours look stunning! I want to read more about wild type bettas. My mind was blown when I found out today that you could keep males together...
Yeah they are a community fish! The best ratio for breeding is 2 or 3 males to 1 female, I happen to have 2 males and 2 females but it's working fine so far. The great part is that the males are truly amazing and it's fun to be able to have more of them.

binbin9

BallardFishGuy said:
Ok and while I'm at it, here is the other one I want...

Betta Macrostoma

Betta-macrostoma-male3.jpg
i've got a pair left

http://www.wafishbox.com/t6696-my-new-baby-macrostomas-bettas-just-arrived

cichlid-gal

binbin9 said:
BallardFishGuy said:
Ok and while I'm at it, here is the other one I want...

Betta Macrostoma

Betta-macrostoma-male3.jpg
i've got a pair left

http://www.wafishbox.com/t6696-my-new-baby-macrostomas-bettas-just-arrived
I went looking for that post this morning binbin...good timing. I knew that there was someone on the box that had these fish.

BallardFishGuy

My biggest male is just staring to have some yellow show through... but more blue on the lips and tips of fins! Pics later if I can...

Got two more bettas, I couldn't resist... one is a Double Tail male, and a Crowntail Female. They look so nice. :D . . . I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them in the little in-tank betta cage thingers. But for now, that will just have to do.

Hubert Cumberdale is in there too. Figured he could use the company, and check out the Crowntail Female. Hehe.

BallardFishGuy said:
Looking good Poke!  :cheers: 
MRTom said:
Poke, that female crowntail is gorgeous. I am green with envy. :alien:
Thanks you two! Tom, your female crowntail looks really nice too! :) I kinda want to set up a sorority of female bettas, perhaps that can be a possibility, once I set up the breeder tanks. :D

MRTom

I hear ya, I want a betta sorority so bad in my cube tank. Problem is I want a bunch of other species too. I keep telling ya that 8 foot tank would be a GREAT sorority! :twisted:

cichlid-gal

I have 5 females in my 20G sorority tank. It is working out really well. All the girls were added at the same time except for one of them. Most readings say put everyone in at once to curb aggression. My granddaughters love this tank because its really colorful...1 red, 1 blue, 2 bicolor (silver/red and white/red like Angelos), and 1 white female.

That 8 foot tank would be nice to have a sorority going, if it didn't have any dividers so that they could swim the entire length of the tank. Hehehehe. I would totally do that if I could! :)

MRTom

PokeSephiroth said:
That 8 foot tank would be nice to have a sorority going, if it didn't have any dividers so that they could swim the entire length of the tank. Hehehehe. I would totally do that if I could! :)
Why be reasonable and responsible? :geek: On that note, I need to come by to pick up a few more bettas soon :bounce: