Attention planted tank keepers...........

A

Anonymous

Hello everyone,
Its me.. well not "me", its fishnvw, Anthony. Just wanted to let everyone know that the greater seattle aquarium sociaty is having a Tom Barr lecture. That's right the Tom Barr will be at there meeting on sept. 14 2010. Tom Barr is a very well known aquarium plant guru, he has both a forum (the barr report) as well as a meathod the Tom Barr meathod named after him. This guy is up there with Takashi Amano, Oliver Knott, and waldstein. i dont know if there is an auction as a matter of fact i dont know much about it at all. I am not even a member of there club yet, but what I do know is its free, its Tom Barr, and its fish people. Last time I went I had such a great experiance that I changed the date of my boy scout meetings so I can start attending....... So step right up, come one, come all, if you have ever even thought of sticking a plant in your fish tank then be there (and try not to get suckered into buying a shirt unless you want one). Cheers all.

For more information visit the GSAS web site.
Anthony

Salzabar

That sounds like fun but I don't have their website...unless its GSAS.com....Nope, just checked. If you would like to share the website with everyone then we (the ones that don't know) could venture on there and find out more. Thanks

Caton

Great group, I lol'd when I saw the t-shirt post...I think there is a auction, but not sure. Have to be a member to sell but anyone can buy.

A

Anonymous

Yes there is going to be a "mini auction", I went to the Ad Konigs lecture and the "mini auction" had like 20 diffrent types of plants, and several fish, as well as some dry goods. Its worth it just to see Tom barr, its also worth it just go to the auction.

Betty

Staff member
I'm a member and hope to be able to make this meeting. I need to learn about plants! Maybe I'll see some of you there. :)

Jacko

Hope to make it up there! Definitely gonna be a good one, and the auction is likely to be great for plant lovers...

A

Anonymous

I'm so excited for this. I have been dancing around like a moron with enthusiasm today, day after tomorow. So freeeeeeeeaaakin stoked. Hope to see some folks there come say hey to me, I will be the one walking around with my shirt and shoes off screaming its summer time in alaska....... just kidding I will be there though and don't hesitate to come say hey.

cafman

I'm planning to be there with my older boy. I usually teach on tuesday/thursday nights so this is like the one meeting of the year I can go to since school doesn't start till next week.
Cafman

Betty

Staff member
I'm going to bring my daughter along. We're going to see Kataklysm :punk: in Seattle tonight and have to drive back, so it'll be a really late night, but I'm going to talk her into spending the next evening surrounded by fish geeks. 8)

We'll be the ones with long hair, probably somewhere in the back corner. :D

For anyone that hasn't been to a meeting, bring some money and a spare cooler if you have one because you will probably see some plants or fish that you must have. I never leave home without my fish transporting cooler!

Jtang

Betty said:
I'm going to bring my daughter along. We're going to see Kataklysm :punk: in Seattle tonight and have to drive back, so it'll be a really late night, but I'm going to talk her into spending the next evening surrounded by fish geeks. 8)

We'll be the ones with long hair, probably somewhere in the back corner. :D

For anyone that hasn't been to a meeting, bring some money and a spare cooler if you have one because you will probably see some plants or fish that you must have. I never leave home without my fish transporting cooler!
Thanks for the tip man! just any ol' cooler will do?

also Ratatat plays on tuesday i might go

Betty

Staff member
Yeah, any ol' cooler. If you don't have far to drive, you probably won't even need that. I just like to load my bags of fish into the cooler for the insulation and safekeeping. I actually strap them in with the seat belt too. :)

Jtang

If anyones interested in a water sprite plant, i just uprooted the biggest one in my tank, its easily over 7 inches. looking for trade for any other undemanding plants, but looking for a nice foreground plant or dwarf sag

Caton

Its tomorrow at 7:00! Be there earlier though as we start around 7:10.

(Roy, the guy who helps runs the club wanted me to post here)

Betty

Staff member
Yes they are bagged.

Maybe I just go overboard with mine? I always transport them in a cooler, I've been doing it that way for years. :scratch:

Forget I said anything about the cooler ... :p ... just bring money in case you want to buy any plants or fish (and take them home the way you normally do.) ;)