"Aquariumizing" A large Ball mason jar into a lamp

pbmax

Re: "Aquariumizing" A large Ball mason jar into a lamp

Shrimp live fine without a filter as long as your container isn't teeming with them. Photosynthesizing plants help, of course.

A

Anonymous

Oh....

I sometimes play with the idea of getting into the shrimp hobby. I really like little tiger shrimp. I scared to pay $15-20 per, then make a mistake. If I knew I could put something like this together and successfully house little shrimp I think I would...

How would you properly care for such a small ecosystem without a filter?

A

Anonymous

pbmax said:
Shrimp live fine without a filter as long as your container isn't teeming with them. Photosynthesizing plants help, of course.
Oh....?

pbmax

Regular water changes, keep the glass clean with a tooth brush, minimal feeding. Shrimp live off of biofilm so constant feeding isn't necessary.

My unheated, unfiltered walstad 2.5g goes a month or more between changes and it has RCS breeding in it.

A

Anonymous

pbmax said:
Regular water changes, keep the glass clean with a tooth brush, minimal feeding. Shrimp live off of biofilm so constant feeding isn't necessary.

My unheated, unfiltered walstad 2.5g goes a month or more between changes and it has RCS breeding in it.
Oh...

Think I'll do some more reading on the Walstad method. Perhaps give it a shot...

pbmax

Doesn't need to be a walstad. I kept shrimp for many months in a tiny glass container much smaller than my 2.5g (see avatar photo taken of said container) with tahitian moon sand and dwarf hair grass (and a rock). In the end I got tired of cleaning the algae ;) So I pulled the shrimp out and mothballed it.

A

Anonymous

PokeSephiroth said:
earthfish, hahaha... like my other hobby, I like to SPIN ALL THE THINGS!! :D
tumblr_lvjdbta7up1qdg1hao1_400.jpg
Do you really spin fire or are you a jokester?

earthfish: I do indeed spin fire. Check my youtube out for proofsies. :D

http://www.youtube.com/pokesephiroth

Other than spinning fire, I spin LED lights too (more for practice, when I'm NOT spinning fire).
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/SkUUwj_HxA4" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]