Aquarium Co-Op in Edmonds

Anthraxx

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Absolutely thrilled i FINALLY made the trip out there. Well worth it just to see cory, Great guy to talk fish with. make sure you bring extra cash. May have even swayed my mother into getting a fish tank (she couldnt get over how pretty the bettas were) personally i found his hardscape materials very nice.

Because this part of the forum is meant for rating stores, let's keep side conversations in a different topic, or talk via PM. :) This allows other people to see the ratings of other users, without having to dig through conversations inbetween. Thanks! :D

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4 (For the money you're paying, you're getting quality over quantity, which is great!)
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Here are some pictures of the store, really great!!! Cory, I can't explain just how excited I am about your store opening up! Smile Lars On and I had a wonderful time!

DrakeAquatics

Overall Experience: 5
Cost: 4
Quality of Fish: 5
Variety: 5
Service: 5

I am glad I finally made it up there! I was working up there about 5 mins away and stopped in. Picked up some Dwarf Sagittaria on sale for a great price. Thanks guys!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Cost: 5
Quality of Fish: 5
Service: 5

My wife came up with me and she is a non fish person but she loved the fact the place was clean, organized and did not smell. Cory is very friendly, knowledgeable and keeps up a beautiful store. Very highly recommended!

Edit 10/29/13: Wanted to add that the betta at the store had to be some of the best I had ever seen. Not cheap but also not the junk you find at the big box pet stores. I was very impressed.... It made me want to start up another (betta) tank.

A

Anonymous

Overall Experience 4.5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 5

Went here today for the first time. Clean and organize. Fish and plants are healthy looking. Cory very informative and friendly guy.

anderson_p_r

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

The Co-Op was great. My wife and I were lucky enough to have the opportunity to see what all the hubbub was about. Great variety with fair prices. All the critters looked healthy and happy. Those finnex fixtures are pretty cool, much brighter than I expected. A few other customers while we were there and Cory was able to keep up with all of us. :)

mvrck

Cost: 5
Quality of fish: 5
Service: 9

My girlfriend and I went in Saturday, as a sort of last ditch effort to find a place that really clicked with us. Having both had fair amount of experience with fish, but no experience with a planted tank before, Cory was absolutely amazing in explaining things out, and in general, just calming us down from over-thinking things.

The store is amazingly bright, clean, and well laid out. Cory is incredibly friendly, and after visiting pretty much every fish store in the greater Seattle area over the last two weeks, was the first person that explained things without trying to sound like a genius or talking down to us. As soon as he heard we had done our research and weren't stumbling into things, he jumped right to what we needed to know in terms of cycling and plant selection, rather than give us the whole song and dance we experienced at other locations.

On top of that, this is the one place that seems to have the Finnex Ray2 in stock, which was an absolute miracle. We had gone in circles over the last two weeks, having three different online retailers cancel our order for being out of stock of the 48" fixtures after the point of sale.

As for the fish themselves, we ended up buying some Rummy Nose Tetra to start our tank cycling, and Cory warned us that they would lose their coloration when stressed, but would regain it in a few days. Turns out it was closer to a few hours, and by that night their bright coloration had returned, and were quite active in their new home.

As an IT professional who works, lives, and dies on the internet, I don't think I can offer higher praise than the following:

Aquarium Coop made me glad I went to a brick and mortar store.

hyp3rcrav3

Met Cory and the Aquarium co-op for the first time today. It is hidden behind another building in the Firdale Village so I missed it last month for the plant exchange. It is a very nice place with some interesting species.

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 5

zach_discus

Hello, kinda boring afternoon so me and my Fience went over to Aquarium Co-Op. I have been to several hundred fish stores over the years. Cory place is a well thought out design with well lit tanks. The fish and plants all seemed to be in very healthy and of a high quality in both color and shape. Have to say I was a bit put off when I first struck up a conversation with Cory, but after a few moments that past and he was quite a joy to talk too. My fience really enjoyed his large puffer and Cory was kind enough to feed him for her :). I will make it a point to try and get out there at least once a month from now on!!

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4 ( quality cost money)
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

hello12590

Hey, before we went to aquarium co-op I was losing interest in fish keeping and had battle after battle with trying to keep fish alive. I always felt jealous about how nice the fish in pet stores looked and their aquariums in general. After going to aquarium co-op I changed the way I take care of my fish. Now I have an aquarium I am proud of and think most (except for aquarium co-op) fish stores look a lot worse than my original opinion of them.

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

A

Anonymous

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Can't beat it, few months in & is my fav LFS. They have EVERYTHING needed for this hobby in quality form. If they don't got it they will do their best to get it. Can't beat the over all cost of quality in the fish. I get %10 off for being a GSAS member, and credits for plants I trim. The owners are a wealth of knowledge and don't mind discussing tech.

cichlid-gal

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5

How many times do I get to rate this store...I love it.  Having visited many of the fish stores in the area now I can truly say that Aquarium Co-Op is one of a kind.  It is always clean, bright, welcoming, informative, and just plain fun to cruise around.  New tanks added since my last visit...so now even more selection.  No big cichlids but the store does a great job of offering variety even without these.  $1 a fish bargain tank with some wonderful fish in it. Beautiful plants as always.

And Hank gave me a kiss and told me how happy he was to see me (I just love him  :heart: )

Livebearer

Overall experience 4
Cost 4
Quality & selection 5
Variety 4
Service 5

This store just gets better with age!
My only minuses are;
It's a bit hot and too quiet in this smaller retail space.
Needs a sound system, and better air circulation for a comfortable shopping experience.
Will come again though!

WhosUrDadi

I bet you the tanks there doesn't have any heater.. that is one way to save on electricity... heaters consumes to much wattage..

Livebearer

Yes thats true, but some air circulation would help to get the stagnat air moving and keep the heat from being trapped in one place. I know several fish keepers who heat the room rather than heat every tank.

Let's not get this topic off track with discussions. These topics were meant for just leaving reviews. Any side comments should be done in private messages, this helps keep the reviews with as little clutter for newer members to read easily without having to look through the other comments.

This applies to all store reviews btw, just want to make that clear. :)

strider

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5

Out standing brick and mortar shop. The best I have been in in some time. Could spend days talking all things aquarium with Cory and staff.

swamp-rat

Overall experience 5
Cost 5
Quality & selection 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Staff is very knowledgeable, stock is top notch, community outreach is great, and if Cory doesn't have something you want he'll try his damnedest to get it for you!

poffman

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4 (5 for the size of the shop!!)
Service 5

Where to begin, what an AWESOME fish store. This place is so clean, every tank is clean, the floor is clean, amazing. The staff has been really nice, and the fish health is perfect. I have no doubt the fish from here are going to stay happy and healthy unless I do something wrong. I live in Des Moines and it's well worth the drive to come up, plus Hank(Store Fish) is awesome. The variety is a little low, but that's due to the size of the shop, it's a 5 for the space he has, but overall that's the only place i'd drop points, hopefully business continues to go well and they get a bigger shop, because it would be well deserved!

P.S. i'll be seeing you soon for a rimless tank, as soon as my wife lets me :)

Peylix

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

One of the better if not best shops around here. While small, the layout is simple and easy to navigate but still allows for a nice selection and viewing. I see myself doing lots of future business with Cory and staff of Co-Op. Speaking of which. I should be dropping by this weekend.  :D