Aquarium Co-Op in Edmonds

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to put the first post up, so I can add pictures etc.

9661 Firdale Avenue
Edmonds Wa 98020
(206)-533-2281
www.aquariumcoop.com

WaFishBox members can enter WAFISHBOX as a discount code to receive 5% off at the online store. Does not stack with other discounts.

The Everett Herald article on Aquarium Co-Op

The Edmonds Beacon article on Aquarium Co-Op

You can also leave reviews here:

http://www.aquariumcoop.com/reviews/

DSC_0204_zps5cbb7751.jpg

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4 (For the money you're paying, you're getting quality over quantity, which is great!)
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 5

Here are some pictures of the store, really great!!! Cory, I can't explain just how excited I am about your store opening up! :) Lars On and I had a wonderful time!

Cory, your store is something you should take pride in. What a wonderful store!

Me, doing the Asian thing...because I'm....Asian. Hahahaha

Lars On, entranced by all the beautiful fishies. Look at em... they're so colory!

Lars On, and Aquarium Co-Op, transferring an Angel fish that Lars On bought, up in Everett. It was stored in a ziploc bag, and now he looks happy!

Keep it up, Cory! Your store is magnificent, I can't wait until it's officially open!

A

Anonymous

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5+

Not bad for a LFS just 2 days open.

*Found a plant I had looked for a couple months then forgot about, then found here huge and healthy.
* Owner took the time to answer my tech questions in detail.

Great place , I'll definitely will be going back!

InfamousRedlineZ

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4 (see a lot of great prices for very awesome qualities fishes)
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 5 (Got me very interested in DISCUSS! GREAT INFO!)

It was great meeting Cory! He is a very friendly guy and very knows his stuff! I will definitely come back once Im done with my African tank to start a discus planted tank!

TexAveri

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 5

Amazing shop Cory! Great meeting you and seeing the place, ill definatly be back for more guppies and hopefully more fish for my 80!

jeffmit

A bit surprised by a new store owner...

I contacted them to ask for a quote on a new 155 gallon aquarium. I received a reply from Cory stating that he would get back to me ASAP with a quote after he got in touch with the dealer.

It has been 1 week since this reply, and no return email or PM. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I followed up with him 2 x this week and still no reply... I am sorry to say, but this is not the way to earn business... Especially for a new store...

Already purchased the tank from another dealer.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
jeffmit said:
A bit surprised by a new store owner...

I contacted them to ask for a quote on a new 155 gallon aquarium. I received a reply from Cory stating that he would get back to me ASAP with a quote after he got in touch with the dealer.

It has been 1 week since this reply, and no return email or PM. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I followed up with him 2 x this week and still no reply... I am sorry to say, but this is not the way to earn business... Especially for a new store...

Already purchased the tank from another dealer.
I'm glad you were able to get a hold of a tank suitable for your needs. The problem here was that the wholesalers just brought in Deep Sea Aquatics and had not priced them yet. I only just recently got the price list as of Thursday. Unfortunately they didn't bring in the 2 aquariums you had requested and I was looking at what options were available.

In the end I'm glad you were able to find a tank that fits your needs. I apologize for not keeping better communication with you. It has been difficult for me to keep in contact with everyone while building the store.

Salzabar

Overall Experience 5 ( I learn something new everytime I visit)
Cost 5 (pratically everything is wholesale priced)
Quality of Fish 5 ( As good as it gets at a LFS )
Variety 5 ( was a 4 when he first opened for obvious reasons)
Service 5 ( He has an employee to help out since his store is busy)

SO far the only LFS that dones't make me feel stupid because I didn't know something about fish.

Hey Cory, Get some more brime shrimp, my fish are starving. :lol!:

Kaosu

Overall Experience 5 ..love coming in to chat ^_^
Cost 4/5 great prices on lots of amazing fish..healthy!! worth every penny!!
Quality of Fish 5, everything is happy and healthy, Cory is good at telling you the truth about fish!
Variety 4 ( what he has done with the tanks he has is AMAZING)
Service 5+

keep up the good work..the 40 ish min drive from Skagit is worth it every time even if we don't buy anything witch is rare.

Keep up the good work!!!

(p.s.....I have strawberry betta fry ^_^)

Lamental Jester

Overall Experience: 4.5
Cost: 4.5
Quality of Fish: 5
Variety:4
Service: 5

Came in today with BillHN. Love this store! Prices are dirt cheap. Fish are healthy and very well taken care of. Plants are very high quality. Cory and Justin are really friendly. I picked up some black neons, heterandria formosas, manzanita wood, couple heaters and sponge filters (gotta stock up when prices are that low!)

Awesome store Cory!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M1ypn0y32Ac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BillHN

Overall Experience: 5
Cost: 5
Variety: 5

Plants were pearling!
He show-cased the LED's that he had running on a 40B with HC and Dwarf Hairgrass, and a bunch of other plants, and THE GROWTH was Awesome! Pricing on LED's are as low as possible, he really gives good deals to hobbyists!

+1
Lamental Jester said:

Came in today with BillHN. Love this store! Prices are dirt cheap. Fish are healthy and very well taken care of. Plants are very high quality. Cory and Justin are really friendly. I picked up some black neons, heterandria formosas, manzanita wood, couple heaters and sponge filters (gotta stock up when prices are that low!)

Awesome store Cory!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M1ypn0y32Ac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jubs

Lamental Jester said:

Awesome store Cory!
BillHN said:

Plants were pearling!
He show-cased the LED's that he had running on a 40B with HC and Dwarf Hairgrass, and a bunch of other plants, and THE GROWTH was Awesome! Pricing on LED's are as low as possible, he really gives good deals to hobbyists!

+1
Lamental Jester said:

Awesome store Cory!

This is Justin from Co-Op, it was great meeting you guys and everyone else I've met that I don't know the name of on here as I don't get to spend much time on the forums anymore. Thank you everyone that has had kind words to say about the shop, we're still getting things dialed in as far as the plants go and we're learning as we go for what to carry. If there is ever a specific plant(s) you're looking for please let me know or leave a note with Cory for me and I will try my best to hunt it down for you. I have quite the collection at home as well! ;)

Thank you all again for the kind words and looking forward to meeting more of you and seeing the ones I've already met as well!

binbin9

Variety: 4 - I'm sure as the store continues to grow and evolve so will this list of species
Service: 6

So I took advantage of the long weekend to make the drive up to Edmonds to visit the new store. I love the cleanliness of the store and the attention to detail. The racks were nicely stained, with crown molding no less. The piping and electrical wires were well organized and barely visible.

Cory's done a great job with the store. It's well thought out so that one person can run the store easily. 10% automatic water changes, central pump, and a very low voltage draw that costs him next to nothing on the electricity bill.

The fish variety is decent, definitely more catered to the smaller variety with a couple of larger display tanks that can house more of the monsters folks love on this forum.

The plant varieties were decent as well, I would have probably walked out of there with the inclinata had I not already ordered 145 new stems last week. =)

I'd be interested to see him develop the shrimp racks, which will give me another reason to stop by.

cichlid-gal

Cost: 4

Finally got to visit Cory's store. Beautiful setup...even a small sitting area up front for relaxing and watching the display tank. Hank was awesome to watch in action. The store has a very serene feel to it. Cory was great ... very helpful and informative regarding options and choices. Great selection of those harder to find items and locally made fish supplies. Beautiful wood/branches and Seiryu stone too. Lots of beautiful fish and plants to chose from. Well worth the trip to visit. We will definately return when we can.

hbluehunter

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4 (only gave a 4 because he doesn't sell big rare fish, or cichlids like i like, but i know that doesn't make $$ )
Service 5

I forgot to rate Cory's shop after my last visit so this is a double rating.. :)
His shop is really nice and great being it's like 10 minutes away from my house. I've grabbed a Big Ornate, WC Red Hump geo's, and some freebees on the last trip and all are doing good and look great.. I've know Cory for year and he's a very knowledgable guy, and knows his stuff. He's more than willing to answer any questions you have, and in great detail. Both times i've been in there he's been schooling someone..lol  Great job Cory, keep up the good work !! I'll def be back to check out his store again.. :)

LuminousAphid

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

I love this place. I was going to give a 4 on price, because you can get things cheaper at places like Liems, but that's not really relevant... for the quality, these prices can't be beat. Also great prices on food, equipment and plants. My favorite plant I've bought there is the val, I think he might have some specific strain of it that stays really short and sends out runners like crazy. He always has new stuff, like the longfin albino bristlenose I got today for a steal. Also keeps getting more and more shrimp, which I know are hot.

cichlid-gal

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Made our 2nd visit to Cory's shop yesterday.  His store makes me feel like I am in a living room instead of a fish store.  The tanks are beautiful and full of lovely, colorful fish.  I saw some stunning blue tailed tetras that I really wanted (alas no tank right now to fit them into).  Lots of great wood (snagged some) and plants where HUGE (also snagged).  Love this store.  So wish there was one like it over her on the East side.

Madness

Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Finally made a trek up North this past Saturday to see Cory.

Very nice store Cory, you definitely have the correct game plan for success.

Cory has amazing tanks and the fish are very healthy. Love Hank, he and his tank are amazing. My only complaint would be that he doesnt carry the Cichlids which is what I am into. But I completely understand why. :) But he did say that he will order them in if ever I ever wanted any. Very nice store.

Elblin

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 5

Made our first trip yesterday.  Was very impressed with the good selection of healthy fish and plants.  Definitely felt like a shop run by and for people who are passionate about the hobby.  Love the giant puffer.

MRTom

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

What can I say? I need to find a way to have my paycheck deposit straight into this place. Would save us all a lot of trouble. I'm a huge fan of the betta display and the great selection of healthy fish and plants.