ALL GONE! - LED lighting deal on Amazon

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Well the deal is all gone... Any one else get one (or more) of these?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
SiRWesDragon said:
That was fast
I was shopping for a light for my new 40B and Amazon is not a normal place for me to look for that item, just happened to spot it and then Google helped confirm they made a mistake. I posted as soon as I saw it and then ordered a 24" for the 40B. I then decide to get the 48" for my 72g bowfront. I know madness got 5 of the 48" and Lloyd got a 24", then in a short time span it was back over $100. They caught their mistake pretty quickly.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
He is the reason they had to fix the price!  :joker: 

CMooreCichlids

DMD123 said:
SiRWesDragon said:
That was fast
I was shopping for a light for my new 40B and Amazon is not a normal place for me to look for that item, just happened to spot it and then Google helped confirm they made a mistake. I posted as soon as I saw it and then ordered a 24" for the 40B. I then decide to get the 48" for my 72g bowfront. I know madness got 5 of the 48" and Lloyd got a 24", then in a short time span it was back over $100. They caught their mistake pretty quickly.
I'm actually pretty surprised that the price wasn't adjusted automatically. Amazon has systems in place to catch that kind of thing for their different platforms.

Make sure all of your orders say Shipped, or they might be sending an apology email shortly.

Jealous I missed out on the deal, but glad FishBoxers got to take advantage!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
My orders are showing as 'Preparing for shipment'. Since I was probably one of the first to order I think it should go through.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The three channel timer is really cool and the reviews were pretty good. Cant wait to see this one in action!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Got the email this morning that they made a mistake and would not fulfill the order.....

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I did respond back. Years ago I had a similar experience with Home Depot who mistakenly had a 12V Dewalt drill kit and two batteries for $29.99. I bought two and shortly after received an email that acknowledged their error and said they would honor the price but limit it to just one. They should have had the item for $129.99 and yes they lost $100 but they kept a customer for life. I responded back to the Amazon vendor that offering a 'discount' on another item they sell is pretty much the equivalent of 'bait and switch'. I dont think they will do much but I am willing to push the issue a little on the matter of principle.

I think all of us should send reply back to them and put this in dispute. Even if you put in a multiple order they should at least honor one for that price.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Here is what I sent.... I did it prior to reading your response dmd...

Thank you for contacting me to share YOUR error, and also for refunding my money. I assume it will be in my account by the time I finish this email. As for the discount on another product, you can just keep that. I will not be needing it as I will not be shopping with your company again. I guess this is a situation of " no harm, no foul". I will not be posting any negative reviews on amazon about how your company has marketing flaws, because as you said, "Please keep in mind that it is never our intention to lure customers to make purchases and not send them their order. That is not how we do business." I just hope in the future your company gets it's ducks in a row.....

Sincerely,

Lloyd Baker

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the response I received:

"Hello Lloyd,

Your order has been fully refunded. It generally takes approximately 2-3 business days for it to show in your account. If you go onto Amazon's website and enter your Order ID #, your refund will be there. If you have any further questions regarding your refund, Amazon's Seller Support handles all refunds after they are submitted by us.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Thank you so much and have a great day."

I responded that I charge interest on money I loan to companies..... And being that it will take 2-3 business days the compounded interest should roughly be $1.75. Haha, I got nothing after that final response

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
It was the same blanket response for me. I think I might leave negative feedback on the vendor just due to the fact they really did not address the issue raised but did a lame, generic, blanket type email.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I just saw madness review on the product page.

Madness

Staff member
Just got an email stating that my fixtures have shipped. :scratch:  :suspect: :suspect: :scratch: