A lame old Oscar... lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Super red not really high on the list but would consider it.... I have heard the same thing  :( 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lloyd378 said:
So did you get a chance to go look at ap today?
Just came from there. The Oscars looked pretty good but they were a lutino red that has a yellow tone to them. Only had five minutes before they closed so very little time to look at things closely.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Like the songs says " "you say lutino, I say lemon....."

Haha

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lloyd378 said:
Like the songs says " "you say lutino, I say lemon....."

Haha
When life hands you lutino's you make lemonade...

Those O's would turn red eventually  :whistle

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
You dont see tigers with that much red in any of the stores. Most seem to look real close to WC with just a touch more red.

Anthraxx

i was gonna chime in that i had one way back when with a ton of red but those hong kong ones just put it to shame :p

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I did not get anything. I cleaned tanks and then went to my friends for their daughters graduation party. Watching how interactive my heterospilus are makes me think i should try and let a pair form up... or just stick with the original plans.

KaraWolf

you've got me thinking about future Oscars again....I was at petsmart for crickets and started drooling over 2 of their tigers. Some really nice orange markings.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Petsmart usually gets some of the best tigers from what Ive seen. Petco gets the best Red Oscar. I am not rushing my purchase but trying to find an exceptionally nice one. When I was at AP they had at least six or more horrible looking big oscars in the big tank. Felt sorry for them. Baby O's are so cute and then they grow up...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Still on the lookout. I stopped in at Pest & Pals on Pearl and they looked to be redoing the fish section. Did not get the full info if it were going away or downsizing. But could not go back there.

Note: Yeah its really called "Pets & Pals" but its kind of a stinky store so I call it 'Pest & Pals'

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Bring this one back to life because I found my Oscar.... well I found what I want and a group order is getting set up from Rapps.

This is the fish I plan on getting, the Bumblebee Oscar. These are past pics from Jeff's site to show you how these guys turn out