56 Gallon Seahorse tank (NEW FISH)

Llovsbarbie

I was thinking a month or two from now. I just ordered some Copepods and would like to have them populated before getting them. I still plan on feeding them frozen mysis though. I am getting excited though, I dont know if I can wait that long.

Llovsbarbie

Got some nice pieces of rock and did some more aquascaping. Maybe one day I will get a hang of it and actually come out with a good structure. Not as creative as I was hoping, but it will do for now. Getting real close now. Lights are to be in sometime this coming week (old ones just pooped out on me). From there like to start some coral and get the SH.
Soon...I promise :)

sidekicking

I'm digging the rock scape
what type pf lights did you decide to go with?
what did you use to paint the back of the tank, I'm thinking of removing my black paint and going back to blue lol

Llovsbarbie

Thanks. The only 30" light fixture I could find was a Suns Lighting 250 watt Metal Halide w/ moon lights and such.
I used a basic flat black for the paint and you prob already know to do this, but use a roller so you dont get any streaks. My 125 gal we have deep blue on it, but this one is in my bed room so I wanted to do a darker look with the black sand.

Oh, The lights on top of the tank are not staying there. They came off of my old 55. I was just using them to see how it would look inside. My lights wont get here until this week.

Llovsbarbie

FINALLY got my lights and now my FIRST piece of coral :cheers:
Figured I would go with Pulsing Xenia since I've read it is pretty hardy and I have been wanting them ever since my first visit to my LFS, Aquarium Paradise, in their amazing display.
Now that I have lights I am on the market for some cool pieces of coral (location Tacoma or close). Thanks for watching so far...shes a coming along...
Pics to come..

Llovsbarbie

These pictures are from last night. Had trouble loading them until now. You can see the coral was still adjusting to my tank.

This is from today...
Purchased some Red Mangrove Propagule (I believe) and some red stuff (sorry, forgot name). You can see quite a difference in the Pulsing Xenia. It actually has started attaching its self to my rock. I tried zooming in to show that.

Llovsbarbie

Sorry it has been so long. Have done a lot of changing and adding. No Seahorses yet, but moving a long any ways. Here are some pics....

Finger Leather

Green Alvaepora

Green Birdsnest

Purple Bonsai

Llovsbarbie

Guess you can say I have decided against that for now. Maybe sometime next year. Kind of gotten over whelmed with the coral idea and that has been keeping me busy. will be posting pics soon.