56 Gallon Seahorse tank (NEW FISH)

Anthraxx

ya i have to say the tank has come along way. looking great. i love the setup u had when u first started getting the corals to be honest. looked very natural with all the holes and such in there. just my two cents. either way its a great setup.

Llovsbarbie

Thanks. I actually did too. I am in the process of moving right now so actually excited to tear it down and set it back up. Pics will be soon to come by next month.

sidekicking

Its always fun to tear down a tank and set it back up good luck, I hope you don't loose any livestock. I'm actually thinking of doing the same thing, but I want a 40G now is not much different from my 38G but I like the foot print better

Llovsbarbie

Well it is always nice to get more room :) We are moving like 10 mins away to Puyallup so I am hoping that it goes smoothly. Figured it would be similar to when you first buy your coral and bring them home in baggies. Ill be doing the same. If you have any tips do tell :)

sidekicking

I would probably dedicate one whole day to move the tanks
its better to take it slow instead of rushing things. and I now moving is quite stressful anyways lol. Styrofoam boxes work the best to help you keep the temp stable, and also make sure to have plenty of clean water for your tank. At least thats what I do

Anthraxx

personally when i have moved in the past i just take care of the fish tanks first. makes me feel better about the whole rest of the move. (dont really have to worry about much else) also really dig the thread. hope the tank looks just as good when u set it back up.

Llovsbarbie

Thanks you guys. I did exactly that. Dedicated the whole day to them. I ended up selling two and packed up this 56 gallon. I bought those plastic baggies (similar to ones you get your fish with from LFS) and bagged everything in its own bag placed them into half way filled tank water in a cooler. Wrapped live rock up in newspaper. I haven't lost anything yet, but my flowerpots are looking pretty bad. They are hard to keep any ways, so I am expecting the worst.