27g - "I'm actually trying to make this look nice" UPDATE 8-5-14

Re: 27g - "I'm actually trying to make this look nice" UPDATE 8-5-14

Update! So...I got a new phone, a Moto X. This thing rocks! Anyways, one of the newest features that Google has implemented is the ability to automatically stitch together a short movie from pictures and videos that were all taken at the same time. Anyways, my wife was playing around with my phone and made this little clip. Enjoy!

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/FV24YHXRiFk" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

poffman

bronzefighter said:
poffman said:
That is a really cool 20 Gallon!!!
Thank you! It's been quite a journey for me  :) 
That tank makes me consider a small tank haha. I have been getting a lot of inspiration from the site, can't wait to put it to good use.

Disaster!

So on Sunday night I noticed that there was a leak coming from one of the seams. I quickly made a temp patch out of superglue, and drained half the water to provide a bit of relief to the seams. I purchased a 27g cube from petco for a good price, and set it up last night. Pictures to come later tonight!

pbmax

Yikes!  :affraid:  How old was the tank? I haven't had any of mine go yet, thankfully.

Good luck with the changeover!

poffman

bronzefighter said:
Disaster!

So on Sunday night I noticed that there was a leak coming from one of the seams. I quickly made a temp patch out of superglue, and drained half the water to provide a bit of relief to the seams. I purchased a 27g cube from petco for a good price, and set it up last night. Pictures to come later tonight!
Whoa!! Scary. Glad you caught it in time..

Killybeys

What kind of fish is the little orange one in the beginning? i have two and for the life of me i cant remember what they are called haha.

Killybeys said:
What kind of fish is the little orange one in the beginning? i have two and for the life of me i cant remember what they are called haha.
Just a Highfin Platy, nothing too special. I snagged them out of the orphan tank at AQC.

Current stocking is as follows:

9x Pygmy Corys

3x Dwarf Puffers

6x Platys

5x Kuhli Loaches

2x Bamboo Shrimp

3x Amano Shrimp

2x Otocinculus

Feel free to ask any questions!

pbmax said:
Yikes!  :affraid:   How old was the tank?  I haven't had any of mine go yet, thankfully.

Good luck with the changeover!
I actually have no idea how old it was, as I bought it used and it was custom made.

Killybeys

bronzefighter said:
Killybeys said:
Just a Highfin Platy, nothing too special. I snagged them out of the orphan tank at AQC.

That's funny that's exactly where I got them too haha.

Very cool, bronzefighter! I love the video and choice of music you used! :)
I'm glad your pea puffers are living peacefully with your other fish!

Thanks! I'm continually surprised by these little pea puffs. They all hang out together, even to the point where I would say they school. They are very active but peaceful. It's totally bizarre. I'm just waiting for the day when I wake up and they've murdered everything.

That may happen, one minute they're cute and peaceful, and then all of a sudden.. bam. Ravaging fish killing monsters. =P . . . cute ones at that!

Just a quick updated FTS:

I'll update with more info later tonight  ;) 

A

Anonymous

DangO BHA. My 30 has developed a bit of it . I started dosing with Excel and sniping leaves (slowly here and there).

fishNAbowl said:
DangO BHA. My 30 has developed a bit of it . I started dosing with Excel and sniping leaves (slowly here and there).
 :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: 

I know. It's not actually as bad as it looks in that picture, in fact I somewhat like it in some places. It's completly covered the driftwood and is long enough that it moves with the current, almost like some sort of fancy, nasty moss. Plant mass is reaching the point to slow the BBA and outcompete it, and once I have the funds a CO2 tank will be the next step. For the time being some careful trimming and the Siamese Algae Eaters seem to be keeping it manageable.

A

Anonymous

What type of crypts do you have ? I like the bronze tone under the leaves.