240 Gallon acrylic

Zerc

I got one!

240 acrylic w/ overflow and lights/ballasts.

Now i have to clean it and fix up the stand/hood. Jeez, it makes my 120 look so little...

img_7410.jpg

VsKitchen

Congrats on the new tank :) are you already planning on what you'll stock it with or are you just focussing on your next steps?

Zerc

Same fish, new tank!

It will probably be a week or two though til its ready to go in the house.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Awesome!

But that does not mean you can remove "Bigger tank!" from your wish list. :joker:

VsKitchen

:lol: there is that...

Zerc, that's very exciting stuff. are you thinking you'll keep the 120 or stick with just 1 tank?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
You setting it up the same way as the 120? I liked the room dividing thing that the tank created. You did say that was where the main floor supports were...

Zerc

Does anyone know the best way to clean acrylic w/out scratching it? This tank used to be a salt tank so its got some crusties... On the bright side, (haha) i took all the lights out of the hood last night to replace the bulbs, and i counted the ballasts. It is going to take SIX plugs just for the lights on this thing! The plan today is to take the tank outside to clean it, and then then leave it covered outside. Then i will be able to clean the stand. Hopefully next weekend i can set this up in my living room!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Dont forget the pictures. That is one thing I did not do with my 210g set up. I really wish I would have taken more pics. A lot of the extra stuff I did with the reinforcing floor, customizing the stand, custom plumbing for the FX5's was missed. So on my next tank I will get more pics!

Madness

Staff member
To get rid of the salt water crustiness, use vinegar and water. It will fall right off.

Zerc

haha, i laid it down on some towels and crawled in the side!

it would be impossible to clean all the salt crustiness out w/out getting in. :(

JimA

Thats going at it with a bit of elbow grease! Nice PJ btms :beer:

It's also amazing when you see a picture of a big tank with fish in it you never realize how big it is till you see it in person or with a person in it!!

So once it's set up, Zerc, are you going to get SCUBA or snorkel gear and go in to clean it? You could start your own show... "Tanked Again"!

That's a beauty of a tank, though!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
:laughhard:

Love the pic! Had me on the floor laughing. Cant wait to see it set up!