175 Gallon Rebuild Journal

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
theChad said:
Yikes! From this perspective that hole looks huge...
That's what she said :affraid: 

The hole is 1 and 3/4 for a 1 inch bulkhead. I'm hoping my gate valve and apex controller arrive tomorrow so I can finish plumbing!

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
theChad said:

The hole is 1 and 3/4 for a 1 inch bulkhead. I'm hoping my gate valve and apex controller arrive tomorrow so I can finish plumbing!
Ha!

Apex controller? Interesting, I gotta look into that...

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
theChad said:
Aquarium Co-Op said:
theChad said:

Ha!

Apex controller? Interesting, I gotta look into that...
It's a toy that no one needs... But I've decided to finally buy myself....

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Parts arrived today. I shall work on the install. Hoping everything goes smoothly and I don't have to make 15 trips to home depot.

Apex Controller Jr.

Expensive Gate valve.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I finished the plumbing, and move the aquarium across the room. Just need to wait for my Fiance to get home to approve the new location. Still have to test the plumbing for leaks and install the apex controller.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Slowest build ever? Possibly. It's hard to find time to work on this tank for me. Its got some substrate, water is in it, and controller is installed. Gate valve is dialed in so it seems.

Only problem is 1 bulkhead leaks. The one that is a thread fit. I need to tighten it, so that means cutting the pvc so I can tighten it and then regluing it back on.

Here is a picture, cause that's all that really matters at the end of the day.

LuminousAphid

Yeah, I would not rush it, you want to get it right the first time.

I would offer to help, but it looks like you have it under control. Next time you do a rebuild in the store or something though, I will totally help if you need an extra hand, especially cause I love working with plumbing and stuff. I find it's like some kind of a puzzle but without the pointlessess :D 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Looks good! What kind of substrate is that? The Lapis Lustre?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Well I came home to the power being out. Tank passed the first test, did exactly what it was supposed to do, sump held enough water etc.

Wow nice on the sump being able to holding enough water. Sucks to be in a power outage though. Can't wait to see how it looks with everything set up. Mmmmm...

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
Well I came home to the power being out. Tank passed the first test, did exactly what it was supposed to do, sump held enough water etc.
Wait, you didn't test it under a controlled atmosphere?! :shock: 

Nice though, totally dig these tank build threads.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Oh no, I definitely tested it with controlled power outages before, but the first time the real power goes out is always a little scarier, make sure everything was still set correctly as I've been tinkering with it.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I'll have to grab some pics tonight. Lots of green spot algae on the front acrylic right now.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I have to post a picture of my green water monster. Tank is in limbo while we find a place we want to move too. Once we move hopefully I'll spend time setting it up correctly. Right now it's just growing congo tetras.

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
I have to post a picture of my green water monster. Tank is in limbo while we find a place we want to move too. Once we move hopefully I'll spend time setting it up correctly. Right now it's just growing congo tetras.

:spoton: .oO Right on Cory, it's a good start. If moving I would defiantly be putting any major plans of decor on hold for after setting it up ..... again ....