125 Malawi Build

censeoflife

Paintguy said:
Ahh.. so your plan all along was to get him hooked with the little 30g. Looks great. I have two tanks in my office now. The subtle sound of trickling water is soothing. I think it keeps my stress down a notch.
Yeah get em' hooked and real them in... lol..

censeoflife

Ahh yeah, went with natural deco. Buckets O Rocks.
05120110.jpg

Left
05130110.jpg

Center
05130111.jpg

Right
05130112.jpg

All the glory! lol.

05130113.jpg

Along way from the way this thing looked at the begining. :O)

Mikey

Looking good! But what looks even better is that Shock Top that's on the table....MMMMM one of my favorites!

Anthraxx

certainly is coming together isnt it. great job overall taking something like what u had and turning it into a true gem. love the look. hope it stays that way :p GL in stocking it

censeoflife

I am planning on adding smaller rocks to the tank, they will come in to play the same day as the fish from home are transplanted.

Eureka red trio
04180110.jpg

Rusty colony, These guys have out grown the 30 they're in. One female is
even holding right now.
01110110.jpg

larry.beck

Hey, I recognize those fish! :)

Need to add to the Eureka Red colony? The ones you gave me got banished from the show tank after a couple of months.

censeoflife

Where they too mean? lol.. We can prolly work out something... Depending on when you are coming across the water again... :)

The zebras I got from you are permanent residents of my living-room 55G, that is beautiful colony.

larry.beck

They constantly bicker. They weren't bothering the other fish (demasoni, yellow labs, acei and cobues) but they were causing an overall feeling of stress throughout the tank. So I moved them into my grow-out setup, but then 1 of them got targeted by the other 2 and I lost him in a matter of a day. I separated the other 2 and they're fine tank-mates, but they need a larger tank to be together again. I suspect they'd be good in a 125, the 55 was just a bit small for them.

Glad to hear the red zebras are doing well. They're a great fish, and I got lucky to get a pretty strain.

censeoflife

larry.beck said:
They constantly bicker. They weren't bothering the other fish (demasoni, yellow labs, acei and cobues) but they were causing an overall feeling of stress throughout the tank. So I moved them into my grow-out setup, but then 1 of them got targeted by the other 2 and I lost him in a matter of a day. I separated the other 2 and they're fine tank-mates, but they need a larger tank to be together again. I suspect they'd be good in a 125, the 55 was just a bit small for them.

Glad to hear the red zebras are doing well. They're a great fish, and I got lucky to get a pretty strain.
I lost one of the 2 males I kept as well. Almost immediately. We'll work something out.

Thanks Doza! I worked at this in my spare time for months.

Today the Peacocks and Rusties went in. The colors look great! The male peacock is already trying to mate with one of his females. Hasn't even been an hour. lol...

Anthraxx

you musta done something right. lolz looks great. lemme know if you got any other acrylic tanks u dont need anymore.. (u clearly would do a better polish job then i) :p

censeoflife

I am looking to upgrade all my tanks to acrylic now. lol.. the 55g's I have are old heavy glass ones.

The polishing was easier than expected.

Thanks!!

Anthraxx

ya im considering the switch over. only problem is all my choicest lace rock probably wouldnt fit into many acrylic tanks :( o well. keep us updated son. i love pics!