125 Malawi Build

censeoflife

So this is super awesome! lol The Peacocks spawned... lol

You can see most of the eggs are not viable, but hey the cool thing is they went for it! lol..
05230110.jpg

censeoflife

Long time no Post, So heres a few photos and update.

Moved this tank to my bedroom. It still houses mixed Malawai and Tang AF Cichlids.

The tank was converted to a sump set up. So the water column is now 155G.

Camera phone is the best I can do. But I did get a few shots.

censeoflife

Tank is still in my room, running strong, Has new lights now. Took some Pics for Cory so i took a few more for here.

Plants in the sump now too. Works great.

Tetracephalus, since he is in so many shots. :D

Great looking Aurora.

This fulborni has so much character. He actually protects the daffies large fry.

Cause skulls in tanks are still cool man.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
ooh nice. I'd love to see more pics of the plant sump etc. Have you done any tracking to see how much the plants are pulling out nitrate wise?

censeoflife

Nah, I just threw my planted tank in and watched. The filter was already doing a great job with min. maintenance I just wanted to see how well the plants would do. Kinda made me curious now though. lol.
What I have noticed is a ton of new growth. And, thats great cause they were dieing in a 40G tall...

I didn't have any good detail pic's of the sump so I will need to work on that for ya. :O)

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Is your sump partitioned? or does it just freely float above like the pump etc? I use a 40g breeder as my sump and wanted to do plants, but I don't have any partitions. I'm assuming you're doing floaters but maybe planted? Can't wait to see pics.

censeoflife

Thank you! :D

Heres a video. [flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/BAwCFdNKuZo" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

censeoflife

Here is the dump side of the sump,

baffle that leads to the middle chamber,

The best i could get of the center chamber. No room for papazzi here, lol

The return side baffle and chamber, with heater. Running an external Ewaki 700.

censeoflife

What you cant see is the photos above is that its a 50 gallon sump, with lids and two lights across the top, and the large center is filled with plants. I just couldn't get a picture of it.