120 gallon (4'x2'x2') lago Izabal

Anthony J.

I know where to get them, and there are some diy 3dbg I have seen, but I haven't seen any that are very impressive to me designsbynature.net is where this and my other came from. It is also where anthraxx got his.

Anthraxx

yup i love designsbynature stuff. apparently the guy who makes them (yes its a one man operation) goes out here in the pacific NW and makes molds from interesting rock faces. so its by northwest for northwest here which im sure we can all get behind! Keep it local!!

cichlid-gal

Anthony...your tank is looking awesome. What a great job of melding background with foreground rocks. I love it. I can't wait to see some stock in it. Will it have any overhanging plants...from the top?

Anthony J.

There are some plants in the works, but not from the top, only one aquatic plant is found native to the lago Izabal that I have heard of, vallisneria americana. And the tank is semi stocked already, but, haven't updated, been pretty busy with kids, parrot, dog, job, mailboxes, wife, yard work etc. Thanks by the way, I enjoy the way it has come along.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Anthony J. said:
There are some plants in the works, but not from the top, only one aquatic plant is found native to the lago Izabal that I have heard of, vallisneria americana.
Will the bocourti leave the plants alone or eat them?

Anthony J.

The plan is plant heavy, and vals are very prolific, so I will just wait until they take off to introduce the bocourti. We will see

Betty

Staff member
Wow! You did a really nice job on that tank. Those rock are very cool looking.