Chocolate Cichlid

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
If I had to place a wager, I would say, “yes”! I think you have the start of a bug boy right there. It has amazing colors

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I hear the cholate are very much like oscars in personality but just a bit shy compared to an oscar. Very food driven fish and known pouters.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I hear the cholate are very much like oscars in personality but just a bit shy compared to an oscar. Very food driven fish and known pouters.
Very much food driven. Does show up with everyone else when I walk in the room but dives into his favorite hide if I start messing with the tank. He's pushing 8in too.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
There is a girl on MFK that posts updates in the general section of pics of her chocolate. There were some pics of its color changes that you swore were total fakes because the same fish had went from light to dark and then intense colors that looked like they were filters. These fish have quite the color range!

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
There is a girl on MFK that posts updates in the general section of pics of her chocolate. There were some pics of its color changes that you swore were total fakes because the same fish had went from light to dark and then intense colors that looked like they were filters. These fish have quite the color range!
Her chocolate is why I wanted one.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Adult swordtails are not safe with chocolates but similar sized flagtail portholes are!! Had the whole female in its mouth. 541C5CB1-149E-4DE5-B457-0956F56C721E.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Cichlids cant be trusted, lol. Its funny that they be that way. I used to have an oscar that lived with a group of Australian rainbows, never ate one. But it would eat same sized silverside with gusto.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Picked up another one. There’s a definite difference in head shape between them. I saw her ovipositor down when I first saw her at AP couple weeks ago. She does back down from from the male.
She’s a couple inches shorter and definitely not as chunky.
606D68E4-8E54-40C0-8FC8-20D42C06EDF9.jpegBE027726-9614-438E-B671-CB5034B4F9C0.jpeg