Where to find Nightcrawler and Shrimp Pellets in bulk?

Pathfinder

Does anyone here have a local source for these 2 items? I tried ordering some online and never received my order, so I need to find somewhere local, Thanks for any input.

Doza

who was your order from.. It is quite disheartening when you can trust online sources but there is really only a few areas i know of to avoid and you cant completely forget about online orders for that is where the deals are at... I have no clue of the stores in your area but i do know of a source of bulk shrimp pelletes for a descent price.. i cant say anything about the seller but he has a great rating.. Yes they are on ebay
Both with free shipping
1 pound shrimp pelets

5 Pound shrimp pelets

AND

1 Pound HBH shrimp pellets

5 Pound HBH Shrimp Pellets

Shipping not included

hbluehunter

Not sure on the shrimp pellets, but as for the worms the best place I've found was good ole Wally World.. I even say Cabela's has bulk worms but it ended up being the same price as walmart.

Pathfinder

Thanks for the replies, Im looking for the Nightcrawler/earthworm pellets tho, They are for my Plecos and Corys, Heard rave reviews about these.

Pathfinder

Yea, Its the same thing, How did your fish respond to them? That's the place I tried ordering from. I will try calling them one last time to see if they can get me some of the earthworm sticks.

icer711

i got the earthworm sticks in a mixed bag (4 kinds mixed together)... well as for my fish... i cant find any food left in the tank..... but i have lil garbage disposals
i like kens stuff good amount for not to much money and my fish love the stuff and if your not ordering much you can USPS the stuff so about 5-7 in shipping :D

Kianna

Pathfinder said:
Yea, Its the same thing, How did your fish respond to them? That's the place I tried ordering from. I will try calling them one last time to see if they can get me some of the earthworm sticks.
All my fish LOVE the earthworm sticks. I've never called...so not sure how well he's able to respond....I just order via the website and he's always shipped quickly.

icer711

did you ever find the night crawlers? or did you order some?.... if you ordered some can i buy some off you as i need some now and all my local stores are out (small mom and pop stores and the big box stores)

icer711

i dont know about him but i need live night crawlers (aka worms )i can find a dozen to save my life right now

Betty

Staff member
I haven't looked lately, but my compost bin is usually full of worms and nightcrawlers. I'll take a look tomorrow when I can see.

icer711

Betty said:
I haven't looked lately, but my compost bin is usually full of worms and nightcrawlers. I'll take a look tomorrow when I can see.
cool thanks betty its appreciated oh I still have you strainer as well lol

hbluehunter

Not sure why I just thought about it but being you're further south than me Cabela's sells 500 count earthworms in their bait section of the website..

Betty

Staff member
As for the live worms, icer, I "rescued" a nightcrawler from the driveway this morning which made me think of you :p , and I remembered to check the compost. I only turned over one small shovel near the surface, but there were lots of worms!

If you can't find any locally, you're welcome to some of these.

Racersk

Petco in Covington carries nightcrawlers, but they are expensive IMO.

BTW have you guy read the 'nightcrawler' stick ingredient list...

WHITE FISH MEAL, FISH PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WHEAT FLOUR, SOY FLOUR, GLUTEN, DRIED BREWER'S YEAST, FROZEN BABY BRINE SHRIMP, PLANKTON, SHRIMP, KRILL POWDER MIX, EARTHWORMS, KELP MEAL, DRIED SPIRULINA, FISH OIL, LECITHIN. THE FOLLOWING VITAMINS/MINERAL SUPPLEMENTS A, D-3, B1, B12, CHOLINE HCL, & BIOTIN METHIONINE. VEGETABLE PROTEIN. THIAMINE ( SOURCE OF VITAMIN B1). ASORBIC ACID (SOURCE OF VITAMIN C).

The name of the product is halfway down the list, lol... Just sayin..

I need to got to Cabela's anyways, I HAVE to see what they have in their aquarium! Then order the worms online. :D

Betty

Staff member
I did notice that on the Earthworm sticks ingredients list, but they are recommended by so many that I decided to try them anyway. The ingredient list from the place that Salzabar linked to looks better, but shipping for one small order is higher than the cost of the product.

Racersk

No worries, I just noticed it when the topic came up. I wanted to try this too, just a varried diet is what I want, I do like when my marbled knife shreads live worms though, Little easier for me to watch vs feeder GF...