What did you do with your tank(s) today?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Those are going to be some big cory cats! Hard for me to imagine they would turn out to be as big as my hoplo cats are right now. Ive only seen them in pics as adults, seen some sub-adults in person and I thought those were big, lol.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The weekend goal is to try and find more Roseline sharks. Im willing to go down to Olympia and check out Pet Works and Petco for them or maybe a Petco in Tacoma area (6th ave a possibility?). Looking for 2 more for a school of 7 minimum but thinking 4 more for a school of 9 would be pretty impressive looking.

If anyone spots any Roselines when they are out and about, please let me know.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
The weekend goal is to try and find more Roseline sharks. Im willing to go down to Olympia and check out Pet Works and Petco for them or maybe a Petco in Tacoma area (6th ave a possibility?). Looking for 2 more for a school of 7 minimum but thinking 4 more for a school of 9 would be pretty impressive looking.

If anyone spots any Roselines when they are out and about, please let me know.
Lakewood Petco had some

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Stopped at Lakewood Petco and they had one Roseline left, perfect size but wonky tail. I passed on it. Will look elsewhere. This gives me a reason to go look at fish stores now, lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, there was a tankful yesterday o_O
Well maybe not, lol.

I didn’t post my experience but I will mention it now. When I got my Roselines they where sharing a tank with SAE (Siamese Algae Eaters) which at a glace with the black stripe down the body look really close to a Roseline.

The employee at the Petco was talking about the ones I got were male because of the color… thats because he assumed the SAE were the females. When I mentioned those were the SAE he said they were out of those. Why would he say that? Well there was a label for SAE but the picture by the label was of a CAE or Chinese Algae Eater.

The guy was a saltwater guy and his fresh water knowledge was not the greatest and the wrong picture and signage didn’t help

A SAE
4F66A411-650E-493B-BAE5-3E04076C792A.png
A Roseline (Petco pic) which is very realistic at this size.
FE1EDBF7-3D63-48FB-8761-4FE6B98B1887.png
While they seem different in the pictures, when swimming in the tank together it’s tougher to distinguish as they are all zipping around.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Well maybe not, lol.

I didn’t post my experience but I will mention it now. When I got my Roselines they where sharing a tank with SAE (Siamese Algae Eaters) which at a glace with the black stripe down the body look really close to a Roseline.

The employee at the Petco was talking about the ones I got were male because of the color… thats because he assumed the SAE were the females. When I mentioned those were the SAE he said they were out of those. Why would he say that? Well there was a label for SAE but the picture by the label was of a CAE or Chinese Algae Eater.

The guy was a saltwater guy and his fresh water knowledge was not the greatest and the wrong picture and signage didn’t help

A SAE
View attachment 12262
A Roseline (Petco pic) which is very realistic at this size.
View attachment 12261
While they seem different in the pictures, when swimming in the tank together it’s tougher to distinguish as they are all zipping around.
Did he bag SAEs?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Went through the fishroom and did some hardcore equipment cleaning… you guys might want to check out the “For sale” section

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
@fishguy1978- How's it going today? Do you think you have RSV? My girlfriend had it a few weeks ago, and it took quite a while to abate. I do believe that gin helps. :cool:
Two weeks back I had an upper respiratory cough and that Felt like bronchitis, but doctor said it wasn’t. Gave me an inhaler and told me to use xclear spray. It took about two weeks to clear.
I was sure it was either rsv or bronchitis, but doctor said no.

I sounded like a barking seal. Thankful that I’m feeling better know and that my vacation started today!

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Two weeks back I had an upper respiratory cough and that Felt like bronchitis, but doctor said it wasn’t. Gave me an inhaler and told me to use xclear spray. It took about two weeks to clear.
I was sure it was either rsv or bronchitis, but doctor said no.

I sounded like a barking seal. Thankful that I’m feeling better know and that my vacation started today!
And how exactly did he rule our RSV?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lol, you guys made some quick work of my postings. Some items still left but all the expensive stuff is accounted for. Just some small items left.

Even wih all those things going out, I still kept 2 back up heaters, instead of 9!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Too weird, I was just watching that news report a moment ago…