We cant all have fishrooms, just some pics of my tanks

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Its been a while since Ive been on here, not doing much more than giving a thumb up/thanks every now and then. Been super busy at work so was not able to do much on the forums. So I thought I would make up for that by sharing some pictures of my tanks. I dont have a 'fishroom' and my main tank is is my living room so they have to stay clean. I did a few wider angle shots of the whole living room to show you guys how I have the 210g set up in my home. You also get to see the 'office tanks'. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

The 210g in the living room
2iu6bgn.jpg

Another angle from the stairs
mk5qh.jpg

Since the last time I posted pics I missed someone, here is a pic of Porkchop the pearsei
(Not the best pic but you get the idea... She is fat and happy!)
il900h.jpg

My upstairs office tanks, a 72g acrylic bowfront and a 40B
j9ucms.jpg

The occupant of the 72g bow, Chunk the Bumblebee Oscar
157yo39.jpg

The occupant of the 40B, Scruffy the hairy puffer
2i117wl.jpg

Betty

Staff member
Very nice! The 210 makes a great centerpiece in your living room. I don't have a fishroom either and started out doing the same thing, but somehow ended up with multiple tanks in various rooms. It doesn't look as nice that way.

Scruffy is even cuter deflated like that. :)

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Your living room tank looks amazing! I can't wait to get my big tank built (probably 10 years from now lol) I have all my tanks crammed into two rooms and really only my 75 gallon is in one. Your tanks look great though!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Betty said:
Scruffy is even cuter deflated like that. :)

Thanks Betty, Scruffy is 'deflated' because he heard his picture might come down from the fishbox banner... that, and the fact he was called a "little round meatball " by madness. :lmfao:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
While we are on the subject of madness... I wanted to touch on the fact that when he came and did the 'On the Road episode #2' at my home he never did take any full shots of anything so you never would have known how much of a centerpiece my 210g really was. So for those out there holding back because their house just isnt organized enough, stop worrying about it. He would focus on your tanks and not everything around them. ;)

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Dmd you're rocking it! For those of you that have never been to his house, his 210 is the cleanest most elegant tank I've had the pleasure of buying fish out of...... I could see the regani really well, time for a pic of that!

tazeat

Your distance shots especially those first two came out awesome! Maybe up the shutter speed on the fish shots, but good looking fish either way!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lloyd378 said:
I could see the regani really well, time for a pic of that!
The regani is very calm and works great in the community, very happy with him. Thank you for passing him along to my tank.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
tazeat said:
Your distance shots especially those first two came out awesome! Maybe up the shutter speed on the fish shots, but good looking fish either way!
I broke out the nice DSLR camera for the living room shots and am still working on fish pic techniques. This one is a bit better:
20jk7lg.jpg

tazeat

DMD123 said:
tazeat said:
I broke out the nice DSLR camera for the living room shots and am still working on fish pic techniques. This one is a bit better:
20jk7lg.jpg
Really cool pattern, nice shot!

A

Anonymous

^ this fish is amazing. Definitely prompts a new respect for the Oscar. Pork chop is looking great as well.

DMD123, is this type puffer very active?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys. The hairy puffer is a lurker and is super lazy.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lloyd378 said:
That Oscar has grown huge! Got him on HGH ??? Haha
He is about 10" or so and really easy going. He has Australian rainbows as tankmates and has not looked at them like snacks yet. His diet is Dainichi, NorthFin and freeze dried Krill.

Madness

Staff member
DMD123 said:
lloyd378 said:
That Oscar has grown huge! Got him on HGH ??? Haha
He is about 10" or so and really easy going. He has Australian rainbows as tankmates and has not looked at them like snacks yet. His diet is Dainichi, NorthFin and freeze dried Krill.

When does he get an upgrade to the living room?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lloyd378 said:
dmd, I can always upgrade him to my 150...... Haha
Im in the process of looking for a bigger tank for him right now... but in my own home. ;)

Im trying to find a 48" x 24" footprint but only 100 gallons since it is on the second floor. DSA makes the perfect tank but a little short on funds for a new one. :(