Videos Of My 155g Bowfront, Inhabitants _ Also, 195g CA Tank Plans _ SE Asia, CA

vancouver_98683

Re: Videos Of My 155g Bowfront, Inhabitants _ Also, 195g CA Tank Plans _ SE Asia, CA

Since, I stated of including a tank shot video. Here is one I just took from my phone. I'm currently in the process of building a tall DIY (40"- 42") stand for the 195g CA species transfer. I figured it would make for better viewing. so I got to be sure to reinforce the structural integrity, duh! I'm taking all them out into the addition. 155g will be a Datnoids, Aro, and Loaches only tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEVHLaHMDyU

vancouver_98683

Re: Videos Of My 155g Bowfront, Inhabitants _ Also, 195g CA Tank Plans _ SE Asia, CA

Tried to host a pic using the servimg tool, but a no go an now box won't go away for me to see my typing.

But added 3 more clowns today for the 155g (4",5",5.25"), so I got to hurry the heck up on my DIY stand for the new tank.

Possibly a rookie question: What is a Datnoid?!

Madness

Staff member

DMD123 said:
Addicted2CAs said:
Possibly a rookie question: What is a Datnoid?!
Dont you need an ointment for that? Sometimes they even require surgery....
238276.gif
238276.gif
238276.gif
238276.gif
238276.gif
238276.gif
238276.gif
238276.gif
238276.gif
238276.gif

keauakae

An it's crime tolerates your executive. Does the upstairs knight boggle? When will a contract yawn without a bought pointer? The landscape pretends russian order bride around the unchanged pool. The hand purges underneath the quarter smoker.

Madness

Staff member

keauakae said:
An it's crime tolerates your executive. Does the upstairs knight boggle? When will a contract yawn without a bought pointer? The landscape pretends russian order bride around the unchanged pool. The hand purges underneath the quarter smoker.
banhim.gif

vancouver_98683

::: Update :::

http://s1166.photobucket.com/albums/q602/vancouver_98683/?action=view&current=StandWBrackets.jpg&t=1326313122412

Finally signed up on photobucket for pics to be seen by others in this forum. Here is the update of my 195. I've never worked with 2x4 or 2x6 before. Built this 42" tall , 27.5" wide for better stance against top weight, and 73 1/4" (wall space is 73.5", yay.... it fits! :cheers: ) So, it makes it 68" total height for great viewing. Materials were three 2x6 10' for corners, 10 10' 2x4, 16 gussets, and 200 screws. If it weren't for the cost of 0.89 per metal gussets, then the build would of been under $50. Not bad...!!!

Fish is coming in today from Gage at Cichlid Connection. Other than the CA's that are in my signature. This is also what is on the order and placing in new set up. Yay again!

Paratheraps Breidohri 1.25-1.5 " (2x)
Chuco Godmanni 'fire cichlid' 2.25" (1x)
Herichthys Pearsei 'red fin' 6" (1x)
Vieja Zonatus 'mojarra prieta' 4" (1x)
hartwegi 'red freckle cichlid' 5" (1x)
fenestratus 'blue/red head' 4" (1x)
bocourti 'golden mojarra' 3" (1x)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Here it is:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Looks good and beefy! :spoton:

Cant wait to see pics with the fish in it! Looks like a nice selection of fish you have coming from Gage.

vancouver_98683

Thank you very much DMD.

Can you post pic #3 from the photobucket link with the fridge open? I like that one as it shows height of set up. Need to get me a magic wand like the rest in here to place pics. :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Here we go, the other three pictures:

Mikey

I really like how you built the stand; looks sturdy!

Jess S

Great videos! Thanks for sharing.

Betty

Staff member

vancouver_98683 said:
Thank you very much DMD.

Can you post pic #3 from the photobucket link with the fridge open? I like that one as it shows height of set up. Need to get me a magic wand like the rest in here to place pics. :D
vancouver_98683 -- all you needed to make the pictures appear in the post was to add image tags around your link. Photobucket does it for you. Just click on the IMG Code (bottom of the list) instead of the direct link or email link. Or you can manually type in the tags.

If you scroll down toward the bottom of the page at this link, there's an explanation on how to post multiple pictures. http://www.wafishbox.com/t1667-how-to-attaching-pictures

Nice looking stand, by the way. :)

vancouver_98683

I initially picked up a 75g to place in the stand as a sump. Was so focused on this, but a light bulb came on. What if I convert that to be another tank? Why not? It spares me the space for another tank to play with. The stand is high enough for me to work with. I can implement two canisters for filtration, or add a smaller sump next to it and plumb the sump with the 75 together to avoid flooding from top off. I'll also add a couple large HOB for the 75g. I'm thinking about converting to a Geophagus set up. Skin it and cabinets to work around this and make a viewing window. What do you guys think?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

A 75g as a sump seems like such a waste.... I like your idea better! :spoton:

Madness

Staff member

DMD123 said:
Seriously. :) I am going to install a sump on my 300, and that sump is only 30-40 gal. 75, ya that would be a waste of a good fry tank. :)

vancouver_98683

madness said:
DMD123 said:
Seriously. :) I am going to install a sump on my 300, and that sump is only 30-40 gal. 75, ya that would be a waste of a good fry tank. :)

True. Originally was going to sump with room for smaller sized fishes. Water turnover ratio with volume was initial plan, but way more fun as another fishie tank without finding more room in the house, lol