Tropical Fish World and Pets - Bonny Lake

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Decided to start a new thread since the store is now in Bonny Lake.

Store address: 22816 WA-410, Bonney Lake, WA 98391

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

This was a great visit. The store was busy for a Sunday afternoon but help was available as soon as I walked in the door. I needed assistance with a glass top for a 20L and they were super helpful. While I was not buying any fish, the tanks looked good and fish all seemed very healthy. This is also a place to go if you are looking for large tanks, plenty of big tanks over 100 gallons in stock. For me its a bit of a drive from Lakewood to Bonny Lake but very happy with this trip out there!

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Was a total look around trip, didnt buy anything. The staff was friendly and the fish looked good. The place still is getting set up with many of the saltwater tanks still not set up. They do have lots of tanks on hand and I saw a Fluval Flex that I fell in love with, the 32 gallon model really is cool. Its on my wish list... and if future stimulus money comes into play, well I might just have to get it.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Based on your memory, can we get a list of cichlids you saw?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Was focused more on looking at driftwood and gravel so I can redo my 65B so I didnt pay real good attention to the cichlid stock. Saw quite a few things but nothing really ‘wowed’ me. Oscars, a couple flowerhorns (maybe blue Thai silk?), electric blue acara, regular blue acara are really the only ones I remember. Otherwise it was other fish like striped leporinus, bala sharks, dwarf frogs, and a couple axolotl that caught my eye.

Modest_Man

Their cichlid selection sucks except for the extremely common stuff. They are the closest fish store to me so I used to pop in regularly but I haven't been in since Covid hit. They usually have convicts, firemouths, jack dempseys, oscars, electric blue acaras, and kribs. Occasionally I have seen chocolates and Geo. brasiliensis.

Not once have I thought that they had cool or unusual fish, cichlids or not. Extremely run of the mill for all their stock. Which isn't bad - they just cater their stock to beginner fish keepers.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
T
Their cichlid selection sucks except for the extremely common stuff. They are the closest fish store to me so I used to pop in regularly but I haven't been in since Covid hit. They usually have convicts, firemouths, jack dempseys, oscars, electric blue acaras, and kribs. Occasionally I have seen chocolates and Geo. brasiliensis.

Not once have I thought that they had cool or unusual fish, cichlids or not. Extremely run of the mill for all their stock. Which isn't bad - they just cater their stock to beginner fish keepers.

thanks for the feedback.....

I’m on the hunt for two things right now.... p-bass ( prefer azul but beggars can’t be choosers) and pea puffers

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Recently stopped in to purchase a 90 gallon tank. Priced well at $269.99 for tank and $44.99 for the matching glass tops. Compared to Aquarium Paradise that was selling this for $499 (I believe that was just for the tank)

Having been here a couple times recently looking at tanks in particular, they are very well priced for sure.

The new 90 all set up
IMG_20200928_153039630.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
IMG_20201022_141552977.jpg Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Stopped in today for another 90 gallon tank and glass tops to replace my other 75 gallon. I called ahead to make sure it was in stock and asked if they would hold it. They took down my name and when I got there it was by the front door ready to go. The tanks are very well priced and I was happy with how the first one turned out so this one was going to happen, lol. The staff there was friendly and helpful too.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Went in to look at spiderwood and found a nice piece for $21.99 that I know would have been around $29 at other places. While not a store where you will find big cichlids it does have things you wont find at the big box pet stores. Again also impressed with tank prices there.
IMG_20201124_141332898.jpg

Last edited:

FishBeast

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Went in to look at spiderwood and found a nice piece for $21.99 that I know would have been around $29 at other places. While not a store where you will find big cichlids it does have things you wont find at the big box pet stores. Again also impressed with tank prices there.
View attachment 7040
That’s a nice find! Great price too!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I went in today and pleasantly surprised with the selection and low prices. I didn’t buy anything as they didn’t have the cichlids I was looking for, but did see a tank with the triple red apistos that I almost pulled the trigger on but of course they were the only fish in the store that were expensive .....

I may head back to look at their stands as they had some nice birch ones

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Stopped by since I was running an errand nearby. They had a variety not seen at AP. Red tail botia, striata botia, 4-5in chocolate Cichlids, clown plecos in with frontosas. Didn't buy anything since they didn't have a Notatus or liberifer.

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Stopped by since I was running an errand nearby. They had a variety not seen at AP. Red tail botia, striata botia, 4-5in chocolate Cichlids, clown plecos in with frontosas. Didn't buy anything since they didn't have a Notatus or liberifer.

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5
I really contemplated a chocolate whem I went up there last time

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

I had made a recent trip up to find Roseline sharks. I had wiped out my local spots at Aquarium Paradise and Lakewood Petco. I didnt call ahead because I want to go up and look anyway. I did end up finding my fish at a better price than locally and they were bigger and looked healthier. I sometime have a problem with this place being so cookie cutter in what they carry but they definitely play it smart. They order larger quantity of fishes, likely getting a price break for doing so, same with their glass aquariums. Ive purchase tanks from them in the past because the pricing is so good. Overall very satisfying trip.
DF0CAE65-FF5C-4CC8-9E63-5A129D9FDEA9.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Well sadly our store has permanently closed...
Screenshot 2023-03-06 100834.jpg
I liked this store a lot. Maybe it was the large warehouse, or buying a truckload of tanks at a time but the actual tank prices were very well done. Hands down one of the best local selection in aquariums. I bought both of my 90 gallon tanks from them. They will be missed