1341 Bay St Unit C,
Port Orchard, WA 98366
IMG_20210217_134739653.jpg
Overall Experience 5
Service 5
Cost 5
Variety of Fish 5
Quality of Fish 5

Great little mom and pop fish store. Not a lot when it comes to fish supplies but quite a few tanks and fish.

I found the tanks to be clean, fish to look healthy with nothing dead in any tank. It is tailored for the smaller community tank fishes but they did have some African cichlids, convicts, oscar and a few other types that would get some size to them.

From speaking with the couple at the store I got an impression this was a husband and wife team running their own store. This meant a very nice experience with hobbyists who really cared and they were so friendly. I ended up buying a flame gourami and a pair of blue wag platy. This was a 45 minute drive for me from Lakewood but it was worth it. Very nice place with plenty of space to grow in the future, I could see many more tanks going in.

The fish I picked up:
IMG_20210217_162144448.jpg

I wanted to visit ever since @FishBeast had mentioned something about them a while back. I mentioned him to the owners and they knew him! lol Pierre, you have a reputation as THE FISH BEAST!

Inside the store:
IMG_20210217_141905222.jpg
Please note: Permission was given to take picture to post here for the review. Some stores do not allow this so please ask owner before taking pictures inside their store!

Edit: wanted to add that the shop is located down past the “cute” little part of town so a nice little day trip if you are dragging around a wife with you, lol

Last edited:

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Did they have anything on the more rare side of the hobby?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Did they have anything on the more rare side of the hobby?
From conversation seems like the stock could be Wet Spot supplied. They sound like they would special order stuff for you but not carry them all in stock. The only rare stuff I saw was Empire Gudgeon, some "Gar", and a few odd and end little gobies. Otherwise not a lot of "Rare" stuff to me.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Service 5
Cost 5
Variety of Fish 5
Quality of Fish 5

Been a couple years since I've been back and was very impressed. All the fish looked great, place was super clean and staff friendly. A few cichlids but really more community friendly fishes.

EDIT: Wanted to mention some of the stock I found interesting
Apistos: "Super Reds" and "Orange Flash"
Pseudomugil furcatus - Rainbow fish
Cichlids: Argentea, Bleekeri (x1) - Uaru (x3) these were mixed with the aggressive cichlids and stressed in the corner - that was pretty much my only issue with store.

Last edited:

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Stopped in and was pleasantly surprised! Though it is not a large shop, but they offer a plethora of community fish and a few smaller cichlids.
Over all experience 5
Service 5
Cost 5
Variety of fish 4.5
Quality of fish 5

I asked the two young ladies a bunch of questions while there ( identification, and fish husbandry) and they answered all questions with background and knowledge of experienced hobbyist.

Though they didn’t have any Central American cichlids, they did have some South American and also some mbuna cichlids. The community selection was excellent. All tanks were very clean and kept up nicely. They also had their fish separated appropriately!