The big move Part 1

Madness

Staff member
No not me. :)

Just did a bunch of relocating. So far so good. I finally got my 285 up and going and I started out with the 2 Argentea, the Zo pair, and the 2 Hoga. (smaller pair)That didnt work well, the Hoga immeadiately showed dominance and started to terrorize. It wouldnt have been bad if it was just bullying, but he was bitting, so out they came and in went my large male Festae and the Lucious pike male. (he turned on his female and killed her a few weeks ago) So far its going OK, I may either add a couple medium sized fish, or pull the Festae and add a couple larger fish. (oh and those damn Zo's have already spawned in there)

So the Hoga went down in the 125 with the male RTM, yea he didnt like that. He started to put an ass whoopin on the male Hog. So I installed a divider giving the RTM about 1/4 of the tank. (anyone want to buy him? He has killed both of my females in the last month)

Since the 400 was now empty, I decided that it was going to be my ultimate grow out tank. First the grow outs in the pond went in yesterday. Consisting of: 6" male umbee, 6" male lyonsi, 3 x 4" Breidohri, 5" Rhytisma, 4" Robertsoni, a little 3" rainbow cich (didnt mean to seperate this poor guy from his mate/buddy, but when i made the move to the pond I didnt realize he was a part of the group), and a few others that I cant remember. Then I pulled my female 5" Grammode from the 300 along with the 5" robertsoni and stuck them in there also. And today I added 3 x microthalmus 4", 2 x godmanni 4", 2 x 4" grammodes (i think both males) the other rainbow ( since they found each other, they cant leave each other alone.:hugg: so cute) 5" rhytisma, 6" female lyonsi, 6" clown loach, 2 x 6" red fin loaches, 5" L264 Sultan pleco, and 6 x various Polypturus. Also threw in 6 x 3" clown loaches that were in the quarantine tank, a 5" Blue phantom pleco, and a 5" blue eyed albino BN pleco. Oh and i tossed in a red devil grow out, a cuban grow out and 2 small Guttalatus grow outs. This is one serious grow out tank. :woot:

In the past few months in my Vieja/paratheraps tank I have lost (do to violence from my large male Bifa) an Argentea, and 2 x Regani. He is an ass, constantly biting and chasing everything. So yesterday when the pond was empty, I put in there my newly acquired 13+" WC red devil and a female from my RD's spawn last year. (about 8") And I threw the 13" male Bifa in there also. Talk about punching a bully in the mouth. The RD used him for a punching bag for a couple hours, then I pulled the Bifa and stuck him in the 300 with my big Hoga pair(male 13"/ female 7"), 12" heterospila, 7" Atro, and my Hartwegi pair (male 12"/ female6"). The Bifa as been the perfect tank mate. So far. :twisted:

Since pulling that Bifa from the Vieja tank, it has been so peaceful and calm in there. Its amazing how 1 fish causes so many issues.

So tomorrow I will be throwing my other wc Red Devil and his red female in the 135, and moving the red texas pair, the Hon jag pair, and my Trimac pair into the 8 footer. 3 pairs in 1 8' tank. We will find out tomorrow how things go.

Stay tuned for more action from, "As the Fish Swims". :lmfao:

A few photos of some fish in there new homes. These are mostly of the 300 stock.
photobucket-8390-1357267418962.jpg
photobucket-7714-1357267377908.jpg
photobucket-9183-1357267342180.jpg
photobucket-7916-1357267236906.jpg
photobucket-8384-1357267257526.jpg
photobucket-6512-1357267301656.jpg
photobucket-3810-1357267279412.jpg
photobucket-6448-1357267324474.jpg
photobucket-8949-1357267188065.jpg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
"Stay tuned for more action from, "As the Fish Swims""

Same time and same channel? If so, I'll set my dvr to record this series :punk: = awesomeness!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
As long as there are no reruns, I will watch.

Madness

Staff member
More recent relocates, and a couple pics of someone you have already seen
photobucket-6449-1357523695351.jpg

photobucket-6513-1357523643526.jpg

photobucket-4213-1357523623837.jpg

photobucket-5374-1357523600129.jpg

xicaque

I like your paratheraps. Got any more? You ever sell any? I have one but not sure of the sex. I will have to get a good pic for you to help me ID it.

Madness

Staff member
xicaque said:
I like your paratheraps. Got any more? You ever sell any? I have one but not sure of the sex. I will have to get a good pic for you to help me ID it.
I have Fenestratus grow outs at this time. Also have a small Zonatus, Guttalatus (once Tayntdawg comes over to see if he wants one or more), I have a 10 Black belt available, and once I get to the point where I start choosing my pairs, I will have some Heterospila, Melanurus, and Breidohri available.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
tayntdawg said:
Sweet I like it and my male bifa is the same same he don't bully he bites lol
Mine too. He likes to nip at the silver dollars to get scales to eat. Now that my midas is a bit bigger the bifa went down a peg on the pecking order.

I think we need more updates from madness on how all the fish are doing..... :joker: 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
dmd was never here... its just a figment of your imagination

Madness

Staff member
I will be making another huge move here soon.  Need to isolate my Grammode pair to see if I can get them to spawn.  Relocating all of the Specs into the 400 so that I can put all of the EBJD and BGJD together.  

But until then, here are a few of my more recent pics:

20130811.jpg
" />
20131014.jpg
" />
20131015.jpg
" />
p1110610.jpg
" />
20131016.jpg
" />
20131017.jpg
" />
20131018.jpg
" />

A

Anonymous

Interesting read Madness. I wasn't aware you had a pond? Is this something you have set up indoors, or is this a something you have set up outside?

xicaque

Madness,

this is what I have. It was an "adoption" from the Tacoma PetCo.

I am not sure if it is a male or female. Perhaps you could ID it... I want to get him/her a companion...

file_zps808dc380.jpg
[/url][/img]

Madness

Staff member
fishNAbowl said:
Interesting read Madness. I wasn't aware you had a pond? Is this something you have set up indoors, or is this a something you have set up outside?
The pond is a small 150 gal, I needed more space so I brought it inside this year to utilize;

dwarfpike said:
How's the atro handling the rowdy northern neighbors?
The Atro did great until I moved her.  A friend of mine gave me a 9" male WC that was suppose to have been quarantined.  Let this be a lesson, always quarantine your new fish regardless of who or where you get it.  The male came in with something and wiped out about $1000 dollars worth of fish, including itself.

xicaque said:
The 4th pic from the top, that is a beautiful specimen! What is it?
THE one with the big head shot?  That is my male Hartwegi.

xicaque said:
Madness,

this is what I have. It was an "adoption" from the Tacoma PetCo.

I am not sure if it is a male or female. Perhaps you could ID it... I want to get him/her a companion...
Can you post/send me a shot of more of the face/profile?  It looks like it could be a Fenestratus or Hartwegi.