Show Pictures only - Aquatic Predators.

Bassman42

Here's a picture of my new baby Alligator Gar, 4"
DSC01904.jpg

Ashley

Bassman42 said:
Here's a picture of my new baby Alligator Gar, 4"
DSC01904.jpg
Definitely not a gator gar. But cool anyways! A lot of pet stores label them as alligator gars for some reason

Bassman42

I didn't get it from a pet store, I ordered it from a "Reputable Suppplier" out of Florida. The guy told that they were farm bred "True Gator Gars". Trying to find pictures of a small gator gars was hard, in all of the pictures the fish looked way bigger than this tiny one. It's the smallest one I seen. So do you think that it's just a Florida Gar? Could it be a hybrid, like a "Crocodile Gar"? Thanks for your input!

EDIT***It's just a Florida Gar, glad I only paid $5 and $2 for shipping!***EDIT

Ashley

Yeah I was going to say just a FL gar. You can tell if they are gators from a really small size. What site did you get him from? That is a dang good deal!

Ashley

You can tell the gators mostly becauseof their fat short snout. they also have the lateral lined scales unlike any of the other gars. A lot of the fl, long nose, short nose look alike as babies until they are like 10" the gators kind of stand out from the rest lol

Racersk

feeding1.JPG

Best pick I have of my new tank, Black sand substrate...
P Senegalis Bichir and Albino seng. not seen is my newest Palmas Bichir...

Might pick up an ornate tonight...we'll see. I have the room for a teenaged Ornate, but I'd have to wait to see just how long I can keep it...

Racersk

sidekicking said:
Those guys look awesome
The black sand really pops their color out
Thank you!

The tank has been up for a week and a half -there is more sand in it now with a base of Flourite.

I just picked up 2 more, A Palmas Polli (still waiting proper the ID @ MFK) and a Palmas buettikoferi I am driving home with now...(Pet Pourri in Everett has one more and 3 Ornates...)

Kaosu

Hello ^_^
Just found this site and i thought i would share my mini monster ^_^
4 1/2 inch prickly sculpin..will eat anything just over half her size...and if she cant eat is she kills it....well other then the 4 sculpin juvies in the tank with her...that might be lunch eventually
..you guys are missing a cold water section here..
S7300099-1.jpg

S7306563.jpg

S7306467.jpg

Kaosu

Wolf-Keeper1 said:
That is soooooo tight!!! Is that a freashwater fish? Just curious. Oh also where did you get it and welcome to the site!
yup 100% fesh water.

ill make a thread about her and her tank soon ^_^. they are very rarely found on aquabid for sale^_^ i have 1 large prickly sculpin in the pic..2 small and 2 small mottled sculpin in the same tank