Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I like second to last pic... reds already starting to come in

Last edited by a moderator:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn’t planning to move one solo so quickly but had to move the biggest one out. I think it got under the Mopani log and got stuck or something. Its face was pretty scratched up. I moved him into the 65B intended for the rtm. This one has trimac attitude, long trailers, good shape and a real light green coloration. Not the best looking of the batch but pretty nice. Hope it being solo will let it heal up quickly.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Now that the biggest trimac is out, the next one stepped up. This one has the teardrops under the eyes and it has an elongated ‘flower’ on the right side.
05A9B6BF-37A7-4F14-8F53-F22C39AF048E.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, nice problem to have
Ive already seen awesome traits in multiple fish, so tough decisions for sure. I am really trying to figure out dividers and stuff still. Ideal would be to divide each 90 into thirds and let each fish heal up. Then start to decide on keepers after a few months.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Ive already seen awesome traits in multiple fish, so tough decisions for sure. I am really trying to figure out dividers and stuff still. Ideal would be to divide each 90 into thirds and let each fish heal up. Then start to decide on keepers after a few months.
That’s the route I would go! You don’t want to cut one too soon that may blossom later on

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
With that said, if you get one to 5.5-6 inches and they have no red in the throat, then they may be a lost cause

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
With that said, if you get one to 5.5-6 inches and they have no red in the throat, then they may be a lost cause
I have seen some pretty bland trimacs too. Im seeing a light bit of red in a few of them. I know there will be a few lookers in the batch.

Today I started with some pellet training. They were not very receptive since they have had so much “treat” foods lately but I felt they got some meat on their bones now. They are kind if at that awkward size where some small pellets are a bit big and the other stuff is geared more towards small community fish. I tried some Dainichi Color FX small sinking and it seemed a little too big for them.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Well over the past couple days I am seeing an interesting bit of behavior. I would guess that there may be a female in the mix. In the tank with the 5 fish, there are two that are just a bit too “friendly”. The one is the dominant male with the two teardrops and an elongated flower on one side. The other one I believe to be female is the one with just a single teardrop that I call “left eye”. It has been showing off a very barred pattern and swimming with the male. No real aggression between these two toward each other but almost a united front in keeping the other fish pushed to upper areas of tank.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
I've been following this thread, and I'm still trying to figure out what the 'Perfet Trimac' is. At first I thought it might be three perfect spots, but now I'm hearing about other things, like red pigment. Can someone enlighten me?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lol, to me its the red throat, more than three spots or “flowers” and the teardrop marking under each eye.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
To me it’s a combo.... I like a large spot on the side, tear drop spot under both eyes, deep reddish/ pink in the throat, and a yellowish to light greenish body.... hold up, I’ll take a pic of one from the same collection point as mine, that I find horribly ugly

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the one that is XL like mine, had good “flower spots” but has a grey body and no color in the throat and no tear drop spot under the eyes. ... this one is said to be 14” which makes it about 1/2” larger than mine. 4F331F39-2C03-4565-88E9-8A4E18FA42D3.jpeg