Plant & Fish Auction; Saturday Nov 12th, 2022; Greater Seattle Aquarium Society

Seattle_Aquarist

GSAS Plant Fish Auction Nov 2022 Poster.jpg

Plant and Fish Auction Saturday November 12th!

Saturday
November 12th, 10AM, White Center Eagles.
Plants, Fish and other Live Things

Proof of COVID vaccination required, masks optional but encouraged

For the first time since 2018, it's the return of the GIANT GSAS Aquatic Plant and Animal Auction. We did a little one last year, this time we're back back back! All the best cuttings and spawns from GSAS members, plus a generous order of plants from Florida Aquatic Nurseries.

Like last April's event, we will be holding our this auction at the White Center Fraternal Order of Eagles, 10452 15th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98146. It's super easy to get to from 99/509, and fairly close to I5 as well. Tons of parking right in the lots there, and no stairs. Lots of lunch options close (though we will have pizza slices available).

Bidding starts at 10 AM, preview and setup at 9. We go until everything's gone (likely early afternoon). Please read the auction guidelines for more information. If you are a member, please pre-register your items. The board has even approved a one-time bump of the seller split to 70% (normally it's 60%)!
log2022.jpg

Will there be more giant logs like this? Not unless it's got a live plant attached to it! Check Airstone and our Facebook page for updates and photos of the order and what members are bringing!

Non-members are always welcome to bid -- spread the news, print and hang the amazing poster from Amit! Volunteer to be a runner or recorder for a stretch.
Hope to see our entire membership there on the 12th!

Madness

Staff member
Even after all the covid vaccination BS, a vac card proof is a requirement? I'm an Eagles member and don't need proof, is this ridiculousness a GSAS requirement? Would love to go and be a part of this, but telling me i have to be vaccinated and i have to show proof to attend, you can have this event without me...

Seattle_Aquarist

Sorry you feel this way @Madness. I respect your choices and I would hope that you would respect ours. We do not want to turn this event into a 'superspreader' and with typically 100+ in attendance caution is the watchword. -Roy

Last edited:

Seattle_Aquarist

Good morning everyone!

Tomorrow (Sat. 11/12) is our big Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) Fish & Plant Auction at the White Center Eagles club in White Center. Doors open and 9:00 and the auction starts at 10:00.

Guests are welcome to purchase but cannot sell. Proof of COVID vaccination is required but masks are optional. This is a cashless auction, we use Square card readers and can accept major credit cards and chipped ATM's.

There will be several species of Cryptocoryne, Anubias, and Swordplants available along with some tissue culture. Many members will be bringing in the 'rare' species of plants and fish as well. GSAS members are encouraged to pre-register on our website.

Hope to see you there!

Even after all the covid vaccination BS, a vac card proof is a requirement? I'm an Eagles member and don't need proof, is this ridiculousness a GSAS requirement? Would love to go and be a part of this, but telling me i have to be vaccinated and i have to show proof to attend, you can have this event without me...
Exactly why I chose not to go, I was disappointed when I saw this. We should be past requiring proof of vaccination at this point.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Exactly why I chose not to go, I was disappointed when I saw this. We should be past requiring proof of vaccination at this point.
Roy said it best- 'I respect your choices, and I would hope that you would respect ours.'

Last edited:

Betty

Staff member
After almost 13 years as a member of the GSAS, I've let my membership expire because of this proof of vaccine requirement.